By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Valve generating more hatred than Bliizzard?

Strategyking92 said:
why th3 h3ll is final fantasy m3ntion3d in 3v3ry fr3aking thr3ad?

It is the one game that will bring them all... and in the darkness bind them.

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
why th3 h3ll is final fantasy m3ntion3d in 3v3ry fr3aking thr3ad?

That post had 8 threes.

Eight Days back in development confirmed!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

So I assume everyone in this thread who is mad at Valve for insulting the PS3 also despises Epic, Id, and Infinity Ward right?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
So I assume everyone in this thread who is mad at Valve for insulting the PS3 also despises Epic, Id, and Infinity Ward right?

What did Infinity Ward say against the PS3? Besides which, all of their current gen games are on PS3.

All of id's current gen projects are also on PS3, except Quake Live. Which is PC exclusive.

As for Epic, they did make UT3 on PS3, which was pretty good. And they do have a very good reason for making Gears 360 exclusive: Microsoft owns it. Microsoft does not own any of Valve's series.

As I've said before, Valve can do what they want. However, the "too difficult to program for" excuse is bull.

If a small, average studio like Rocksteady can make a (fantastic) PS360 game identical on both platforms, why can't a massive developer like Valve, known for all of its quality games and series over the years, make a game on PS3 at all?

robbo918 said:
@Patapon LOL nice one

OP: It was said a million times already but it appears you might not see what some of us are saying. It isn't that Blizzard isn't doing anything for the consoles so all ire should be aimed at them because at least Valve is giving love to one console. The problem isn't even that Valve appears to not like the PS3. The problem is that they open their mouths and TRASH the PS3 with about zero grounds to back their smack talk. If they are able to open up and speak crap then those who disagree have every right to smack talk back.

This recent filth from them about the communities was ridiculous. The "hard to develop" for was code for "we are lazy and don't want to do something that isn't a simplistic port from PC to console (aka X360)." I for one used to like Valve and I agree that I would enjoy them putting some love on PS3, but only if they are willing to do it right.

So if you haven't figured it out yet, Blizzard isn't saying PS3's community is inferior. Blizz isn't crying that PS3 is too hard to develop for. Basically Blizzard isn't running around spouting trashy lies about PS3 (or X360 for that matter).

Well considering that Sony said they purposely made the PS3 "hard to develop" for, I don't see how that makes a developer lazy. Maybe some of that blame should be shifted to Sony, instead...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Kantor said:

What did Infinity Ward say against the PS3? Besides which, all of their current gen games are on PS3.

All of id's current gen projects are also on PS3, except Quake Live. Which is PC exclusive.

As for Epic, they did make UT3 on PS3, which was pretty good. And they do have a very good reason for making Gears 360 exclusive: Microsoft owns it. Microsoft does not own any of Valve's series.

As I've said before, Valve can do what they want. However, the "too difficult to program for" excuse is bull.

If a small, average studio like Rocksteady can make a (fantastic) PS360 game identical on both platforms, why can't a massive developer like Valve, known for all of its quality games and series over the years, make a game on PS3 at all?

So it is only bad if a developer insults one specific system? How telling.

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

So it is only bad if a developer insults one specific system? How telling.

I have nothing against PC elitists, only Sony haters.

If they hate everything equally, they're doing nothing wrong. Case in point: Yahtzee.

Kantor said:

If they hate everything equally, they're doing nothing wrong. Case in point: Yahtzee.

They aren't PC elitists either. The fact that you cannot even figure out what I am referencing shows exactly why you care. It has nothing to do with them not hating equally, and everything to do with them hating the PS3. If Valve had snubbed the 360 instead of the PS3 many people in this very thread would be cheering for them.

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:

They aren't PC elitists either. The fact that you cannot even figure out what I am referencing shows exactly why you care. It has nothing to do with them not hating equally, and everything to do with them hating the PS3. If Valve had snubbed the 360 instead of the PS3 many people in this very thread would be cheering for them.

You were referring to Blizzard, right? They are certainly PC elitists. At least, they have been for 15 years or so.

If you were referring to IW or id, I'm not aware of them attacking any console, and if they did, it didn't affect their developing for said console. Epic certainly didn't bash the 360 (maybe the PS3? I'm not sure), and they have a good reason for making a 360 exclusive.

If Valve had snubbed the 360, you would see the same reaction from 360 owners. And PS3 owners wouldn't exactly be "cheering for them", but they would be pointing out that Valve are, in fact, excellent developers and they can do what they want.

Are you trying to prove that PS3 owners dislike Valve not because of their philosophy, but because they don't make PS3 games? If so, I think we realised that a long time ago. People are hypocrites, and you really ought to have figured that out by now.

Kantor said:

You were referring to Blizzard, right? They are certainly PC elitists. At least, they have been for 15 years or so.

If you were referring to IW or id, I'm not aware of them attacking any console, and if they did, it didn't affect their developing for said console. Epic certainly didn't bash the 360 (maybe the PS3? I'm not sure), and they have a good reason for making a 360 exclusive.

If Valve had snubbed the 360, you would see the same reaction from 360 owners. And PS3 owners wouldn't exactly be "cheering for them", but they would be pointing out that Valve are, in fact, excellent developers and they can do what they want.

Are you trying to prove that PS3 owners dislike Valve not because of their philosophy, but because they don't make PS3 games? If so, I think we realised that a long time ago. People are hypocrites, and you really ought to have figured that out by now.

All 3 companies have bashed the Wii overtly. Some of them have even bashed the people playing the console. Thanks for playing.

Yes I was just pointing out how people are hypocrits in this thread. It is what this thread is about really.