By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 Uncharted 2 To Sell 2Mill B4 2010 Even Begins.. I Think So

TIPS

Games that released in the same time frame unchared 2 is

Uncharted 1 sold 749k b4 07 ended released late 11 to 12/07

COD4 sold 1.mill b4 07 ended released 11/07

AC sold 1.7mill b4 07 ended released 11/07

Thats all with a 8mill userbase

CODwaw sold 2.3mill b4 08 ended released 11/08

LBP sold 1.6mill b4 08 ended released 11/08

R2 sold 1.2mill b4 08 ended released 11/08

L4D sold 1.3mill b4 08 ended released 11/08 with low EU support behind it and around the same user base the ps3 will have this year

Thats all with a 19mill userbase

The EU Bundles

Its rumored that EU will be getting a 120g Slim U2 bundle and a 250g U2 bundle supply #s are unknown

The Game

Uncharted 2 is getting stellar reviews and i believe EDGE will give it a 9 or higher it even got a review of 21/20 thats insane the game features online play and new stealth tactics

U2 will be releasing way earlier than the 1st one did and all the other games that ive in the tips section its release date is 10/13-16/09 WW this means it will have more time to rack up sales b4 09 ends and will be included in the NA black friday holiday and it will have a 24-30mill userbase to sell to this holiday season

going by all that data i personally think it will hit 1.8-1.9mill b4 the years up but did want the thread title to say that b/c it doesnt sound dangerous and considering the margin of error thats pretty close to 2mill,  I see alot of people saying U2 will only sell 2-3mill lifetime thats insane considering 1.5mill is guaranteed b4 09 ends

post wat u think U2 will sell WW b4 09 ends and ur reasoning behind it

@cgi wheres my wall post?

Play Me

Around the Network

i can refute your entire argument with 1 word....no.

Without Bundles - Hell no. With Bundles possibly but heavily bundled obviously. Do we actually need reason besides common sense?

"I see alot of people saying U2 will only sell 2-3mill lifetime thats insane considering 1.5mill is guaranteed b4 09 ends"

Why do you post so much rubbish.

How on earth 1.5 mill is guaranteed I don't know .. and 2 - 3 mill is logical and likely.

CGI-Quality said:
It should do a million before year's end, maybe 800,000. I doubt it'll do 2mill though.

wow never would of thought ud say that i mean the 1st one did 800k and was released in EU 12/07 and the ps3s userbase was only a tiny little 8mill u dont think U2 will do much better that the 1st one?

im wondering if people read my tips section

i dont have access to the demo its the game not as good as the reviews say it is?

Play Me

Around the Network

yes its possible...

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

^^ Ain't rubbish to me!

U are being logical. Much, much bigger user base and much more bundling. Higher meta score looks very likely and much more hype as U1 was spread over 3 mil. I am gonna say it is very possible. IMHO it will deserve much more, tho.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

i think given the install base the game should do a million easily by year's end. i am not so confident about 2 million. it has taken kz2 7 months just to get to 1.9 mil, and it is a critical success. however, with a good bundle sales will skyrocket through christmas.

art is the excrement of culture

I have no idea. But its possible WW since its launching in its big markets early, combined with the price cut. If its marketed right with the Slim id say its possible.

If it can do 800k WW week one, which i believe is entirely possible, combined with the average drop to 300k week,

Uncharted 1 sold about 130k per week for the first 5 or 6 weeks WW. New IP, expensive PS3, with its staggered launch.

So the hype its buliding this early it very well could because of the slim and vast improvements made to the original.

It wasnt bundle until late and if you look at the Others numbers, the game was a huge hit right away. Now with the built up install base and ever growing on others this game could clear 1 million alone in Others by the first week of december.

I really think people are overestimating how much Uncharted 2 is going to sell.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.