By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 Uncharted 2 To Sell 2Mill B4 2010 Even Begins.. I Think So

Seece said:
"I see alot of people saying U2 will only sell 2-3mill lifetime thats insane considering 1.5mill is guaranteed b4 09 ends"

Why do you post so much rubbish.

How on earth 1.5 mill is guaranteed I don't know .. and 2 - 3 mill is logical and likely.

u dont think 1.5mill b4 09 ends is guaranteed the 1st 1 did 800k with only a 8mill userbase and 4 weeks of EU data and nobody knew anything bout the game U2 will have 10-11 weeks of sales wit a 24-30 mill userbase and maybe be bundled in eu i dont see how it can't hit 1.4-1.5 mill b4 09s up

most of my rubbish i post comes true but will have to wait to see if this so called rubbish comes true in a few months

Play Me

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
People need to remember something, sure, more users will by Uncharted 2 along with being new users but by how much?

Higher install base doesn't always mean higher sales, MGS2 sold MUCH more than MGS3, remember that!

gears 2 sold a lot more week one than Gears, yet its lifetime will fall short. Something else to think about.

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
"I see alot of people saying U2 will only sell 2-3mill lifetime thats insane considering 1.5mill is guaranteed b4 09 ends"

How on earth 1.5 mill is guaranteed I don't know .. and 2 - 3 mill is logical and likely.

u dont think 1.5mill b4 09 ends is guaranteed the 1st 1 did 800k with only a 8mill userbase and 4 weeks of EU data and nobody knew anything bout the game U2 will have 10-11 weeks of sales wit a 24-30 mill userbase and maybe be bundled in eu i dont see how it can't hit 1.4-1.5 mill b4 09s up

most of my rubbish i post comes true but will have to wait to see if this so called rubbish comes true in a few months

Me thinks you need to learn what Guaranteed means

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

Me thinks you need to learn what Guaranteed means

do u have any thoughts on where U2 will end up b4 09 ends?

thats wat im really looking to hear from the rest of posters

Play Me

Nope, not possible. The advertising for Uncharted has been complete ass, and it's not one of those games people buy to play online, therefore there will be far less of a rush to grab it.

2+ lifetime. Definitely.

Around the Network

Depends on Advertsing.
Possible, but probably unlikely. Sony usually don`t advertise heavely their 1st/2nd party games, because if game is good it still sell a lot in long term.

However, 1.5 mln. is very likely,
2 mln. depends on advertising.

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
People need to remember something, sure, more users will by Uncharted 2 along with being new users but by how much?

Higher install base doesn't always mean higher sales, MGS2 sold MUCH more than MGS3, remember that!

gears 2 sold a lot more week one than Gears, yet its lifetime will fall short. Something else to think about.

True dat....

But the thread isnt about LTD. This is about xmas surge, first 12 weeks technically. Uncharted is launching WW isnt it? So that theory actually works in Uncharteds favor.

So if we analyze the 2 month holiday surge of GoW 1 and GoW 2 it almost makes the argument that its more than likely.

I really hope Uncharted 2 does well, i'll be picking it up hoepfully sometimes this year, i have high hopes for the sales, at least i wish it does well, considering the reviews, and having one of the best developers behind it.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

It's possible, but unlikely.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

it's possible if you don't have a life to hype this to death. that means starting now!

can't wait for this game though :)