By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 Uncharted 2 To Sell 2Mill B4 2010 Even Begins.. I Think So

^^its the only major PS3 exclusive this christmas (excluding FFXIII) so Sony will market it heavily

Around the Network
dorbin2009 said:
CGI-Quality said:
dorbin2009 said:
Nope, not possible. The advertising for Uncharted has been complete ass, and it's not one of those games people buy to play online, therefore there will be far less of a rush to grab it.

2+ lifetime. Definitely.

If you're talking about the first Uncharted, sure, since there was OBVIOUSLY no multiplayer. However, I'm assuming you haven't played the Unchatrted 2 beta, the online will DEFINITELY be one of it's selling points.

Oh I think you misunderstood me. I know there is multiplayer. I guess what I'm saying is that most HD titles that sell as fast as this thread is predicting have some sort of mass multiplayer appeal. KZ2, Halo, Resistance, GoW, etc etc, all promise highly  competitive Player vs Player gaming. I'm going to be very careful how I word this. Uncharted 2's multiplayer seems like a ton of fun, but it isn't something thats extremely marketable, so to the casual consumer, its more of a bonus than a selling point. 

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because Uncharted was one of those games I wish went multiplatform, but I just don't see the right amount of advertising to give this game enough legs to hit 2 million in two months.

That's very true, and it's something I think a lot of people on this site don't realize. A single player JRPG wankfest is never going to have the mass appeal (sales) of a multiplayer game, and getting any FPS nowadays to take marketshare from the top dogs has to appeal to a critical mass of players, because if multiplayer is broken or sucks, nobody's going to give a rat's ass and the game won't have replayability. The only benchmark of a good multiplayer game should be how it performs at it's highest level -- what are the pro's playing, what's most popular on the ladders/leagues and how balanced and fair is the game?

Nah.

I'd love for it to, but, it won't.

I'd say around 1.2 million before 2010 begins.

Can it? Yes. Will it? Maybe-no. I think it will sell atleast 1 million untill the years end. It's not one of those games where you say "Hey I know this series!" like Metal Gear Solid or Grand Theft Auto. If they want 2 million by the year's end they need to hyoe the hell out of it and make everyone know what it is.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I believe its possible. I predict a 650 k opening week WW, and a drop to about 300 k the week after. By the end of October, it will be a bit over or under 1 Mill, and still have weeks to sell. Plus bundles.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

rafichamp said:
week 1 will be 900k, by end of december the sales will probably be 1.2 million

^^its the only major PS3 exclusive this christmas (excluding FFXIII) so Sony will market it heavily

so it will only sells 300K more in 2009 after first week? And that's when Sony markets it heavily?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Of course it's possible.

It launches right into the holidays.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Lets hope so, the first was a fantastic game, and this one looks even better. But honestly, I doubt 2 mil by years end will happen.

No it won't. More like 1.5 million by 2010.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I say 2 million in the 1st month, I know about 6 dedicated 360 gamers and 3 dedicated Wii gamers that picked up this game today, they all bought PS3's about 3-4 weeks ago and this game was on top of all of their lists.
Now these 9 people don't mean jack to the rest of the world but you have to admit if this game and the slim is havening this impact on a local/individual level then surly thats a good sign and a great start.