By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 Uncharted 2 To Sell 2Mill B4 2010 Even Begins.. I Think So

Uncharted will sell 1.7 mil before the end of this year. 4-5 mil lifetime.

Around the Network

I really hope so

CGI-Quality said:
dorbin2009 said:
Nope, not possible. The advertising for Uncharted has been complete ass, and it's not one of those games people buy to play online, therefore there will be far less of a rush to grab it.

2+ lifetime. Definitely.

If you're talking about the first Uncharted, sure, since there was OBVIOUSLY no multiplayer. However, I'm assuming you haven't played the Unchatrted 2 beta, the online will DEFINITELY be one of it's selling points.

Oh I think you misunderstood me. I know there is multiplayer. I guess what I'm saying is that most HD titles that sell as fast as this thread is predicting have some sort of mass multiplayer appeal. KZ2, Halo, Resistance, GoW, etc etc, all promise highly  competitive Player vs Player gaming. I'm going to be very careful how I word this. Uncharted 2's multiplayer seems like a ton of fun, but it isn't something thats extremely marketable, so to the casual consumer, its more of a bonus than a selling point. 

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because Uncharted was one of those games I wish went multiplatform, but I just don't see the right amount of advertising to give this game enough legs to hit 2 million in two months.

I don't think there's much buzz for this game out on the streets, just internet forums. I doubt it will sell 2 million before 2010. I wouldn't overestimate it because no one knows how many people liked the original. Resistance -> Resistance 2 had a big dropoff.

kitler53 said:
i can refute your entire argument with 1 word....no.

well put

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

No it will be lucky to reach 1.2 million sales before the end of 2009. 2 million sales ltd is possible though.

dorbin2009 said:
CGI-Quality said:
dorbin2009 said:
Nope, not possible. The advertising for Uncharted has been complete ass, and it's not one of those games people buy to play online, therefore there will be far less of a rush to grab it.

2+ lifetime. Definitely.

If you're talking about the first Uncharted, sure, since there was OBVIOUSLY no multiplayer. However, I'm assuming you haven't played the Unchatrted 2 beta, the online will DEFINITELY be one of it's selling points.

Oh I think you misunderstood me. I know there is multiplayer. I guess what I'm saying is that most HD titles that sell as fast as this thread is predicting have some sort of mass multiplayer appeal. KZ2, Halo, Resistance, GoW, etc etc, all promise highly  competitive Player vs Player gaming. I'm going to be very careful how I word this. Uncharted 2's multiplayer seems like a ton of fun, but it isn't something thats extremely marketable, so to the casual consumer, its more of a bonus than a selling point. 

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, because Uncharted was one of those games I wish went multiplatform, but I just don't see the right amount of advertising to give this game enough legs to hit 2 million in two months.

I agree with you. While the multiplayer lifts the value of the game overall, which probably indeed will help the sales a little, people won't be buying it just for the multiplayer. Also don't think that it'll hit 2 million, though Uncharted 2 definitely will be a lot more frontloaded than the first one (established fanbase, more consoles sold, the fact that it's longer than the first one, so people won't wait for it to be cheaper etc.)

People confuse their excitement with the game with reality

Uncharted 2 will be a lot more frontloaded than the first Uncharted but still there is a lot of competition ( MW2 and AC 2 for example) so I'm thinking 1.7-1.8 million tops before the end of the year...

Probably 2.5 millions lifetime ( I'm afraid the huge number of quality releases in Q1 2010 is going to cut the legs of many of the holydays titles).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

week 1 will be 900k, by end of december the sales will probably be 1.2 million