By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up!!! (Sept 12, 2009)

starcraft said:
How can anyone argue the Xbox 360 is doing poorly? It didn't get a price drop, they increased the size of the HDD, last week they still would have had some 60GB's getting fire-saled.

This week with that all done, they are still kicking ass. Look at the history of how much PS3/Xbox 360 sales have dropped when the other got a price drop. In this instance (thus far) that hasn't happened. Truly proving the durability of Xbox 360 as a brand.

Oh starcraft... I remember all the "Ps3 recieved 2 price cuts" rhetoric you always spouted... how quickly your tune changes when the 360 does something similiar.

Around the Network

That's a pretty big drop in Others, I thought that would be the place that stayed up in the 200k range this week, though most of the past two weeks have indicated that the spike is due to previous owners buying a second one, Japan this week didn't see a software spike it seems.

The next couple of weeks will show if the price is significantly effecting the general public buying the PS3 and if it will "own this holiday" when compared to 360 as one prediction I read.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Awesome numbers for PS3, plenty of people expected it to be 200-250k.

More and more people seem to underestimate it.

wholikeswood said:
Seece said:
Good numbers for the 360 considering the price.

This was the PS3's official party line 10 months ago.

*Claps*

At least somebody got it!

Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

25k drop, with probably far better margins on the consoles and better revenue overall is bad?

Maybe. But there's another way to interpret what's going on. The lack of intensity of the MS price drop might suggest that it's a lot harder to make savings on the X360 than on the PS3.

It's not better revenue ovarall though? Because both units cost the same as last year ($299$/300), but the same week last year sold 25k more.

The userbase has increased by something like 40% since last year, Live subscriptions scale with userbase so far and Live revenues aside from that are up 70%. I think thats more than ~$7,000,000 in lost hardware revenue. 

Tease.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
starcraft said:
How can anyone argue the Xbox 360 is doing poorly? It didn't get a price drop, they increased the size of the HDD, last week they still would have had some 60GB's getting fire-saled.

This week with that all done, they are still kicking ass. Look at the history of how much PS3/Xbox 360 sales have dropped when the other got a price drop. In this instance (thus far) that hasn't happened. Truly proving the durability of Xbox 360 as a brand.

Oh starcraft... I remember all the "Ps3 recieved 2 price cuts" rhetoric you always spouted... how quickly your tune changes when the 360 does something similiar.

The difference there was that there were two definitive drops in entry price.  In this case, there is none.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Seece said:
Sarcasm called, he want's his Obvious back.

Damn i was so slow. Didnt realize 'til Wholikesawood pointed out u'r variety of the Sony fan trademark spin.

starcraft said:
Max King of the Wild said:
starcraft said:

The difference there was that there were two definitive drops in entry price.  In this case, there is none.

face palm yourself.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THE 80GIGER TOOK OVER THE 60GIGGERS SPOT!

The 80 was released at 600 dollars when the 60 gig was lowered at 500 dollars. THEN after the 60 gig was discontinued the 80 gig dropped to 500. ALL YOU HEARD WAS "It took Sony 2 price cuts to start outselling the 360" EVERY FUCKING WEEK!

Squilliam said:
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

25k drop, with probably far better margins on the consoles and better revenue overall is bad?

Maybe. But there's another way to interpret what's going on. The lack of intensity of the MS price drop might suggest that it's a lot harder to make savings on the X360 than on the PS3.

It's not better revenue ovarall though? Because both units cost the same as last year ($299$/300), but the same week last year sold 25k more.

The userbase has increased by something like 40% since last year, Live subscriptions scale with userbase so far and Live revenues aside from that are up 70%. I think thats more than ~$7,000,000 in lost hardware revenue. 

Yeah. Wow u got ur Gamerscore back?! It was like 300 a couple of months ago.

Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Yeah. Wow u got ur Gamerscore back?! It was like 300 a couple of months ago.

Oh thats Seece's. Mines something like 1700, though my offline only console by my TV where theres no internet is something like 7k.

Tease.