By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up!!! (Sept 12, 2009)

Seece said:
Good numbers for the 360 considering the price.

that is cheaper than the ps3 by 100$? and wii by 50$?

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Those PS3 results are pretty poor considering they are paying people to own them. (After you take away 6 years of Xbox Live and the free BR player).

Otherwise its pretty great stuff aside from the fact that Nintendo just aren't buying back as many Nintendo Wii systems and the sales are closer to the actual numbers. I suspect its the recession curbing their borrowing.

The Xbox 360 is doing great for a system which costs $600+, much better than the PS3 when it was still $600 and not considered free.

Decent sales for the PS3 after an expected drop, Wii is doing ok i suppose, if the rumours about price cut are right the sales should definately pick up. 360 is doing fine as well Halo ODST should have some sort of impact on the sales.
DS is a monster as usual and PSP well i hope GO can improve the numbers.

Seece said:

No it's not. It's below 150K just after a price drop. And it's a september month. Last year in the corresponing week the X360 sold 175,000 units.

This is very bad...

Sarcasm called, he want's his Obvious back.

Around the Network

"Ps3 no more than 250k"

"Ps3 only console down YoY this week"

Me: "Just wait"

Slimebeast said:
Seece said:

No it's not. It's below 150K just after a price drop. And it's a september month. Last year in the corresponing week the X360 sold 175,000 units.

This is very bad...

I dont htink its "bad" necessarily. Its only bad in this light because this is what happens when your go for broke and saturate the market with oodles of price cuts.

Just like the PS3 sales this gen have only been deemed awful based on th ePS2 success squandered and the 360 releasing a year early so in th eminds of those who cant make logical thought process they dont understand the PS3 LTD has sold more than the 360 LTD.

Independantly the sales arent bad for MSFT but considering the variables i agree. Its not a nice situation to be in for them immediately following a "price cut"

Unless they drop the elite to $250, which would be unheard of, theyre not sitting pretty anymore when compared to the PS3.

Seece said:
Sarcasm called, he want's his Obvious back.

I dunno, it's something I would have expected to hear from you :P

Slimebeast said:
Seece said:

This is very bad...

25k drop, with probably far better margins on the consoles and better revenue overall is bad?

Tease.

Interesting how the 360 isn't suffering from the PS3 Slim, things would have looked different if they hadn't done a price drop aswell but sale figures are up for both consoles. Only Nintendo is going down (slowly) but I think that has more to do with it's market running dry. For now it might be more profitable if they keep the price for another year and lose marketshare but I can see the Wii dropping in price around the same time as Natal is released.

I wasn't expecting these numbers from Sony and Microsoft, it seems there are more gamers out there waiting to buy a 360 or PS3 then I thought. Both parties should have a great holiday period, no doubt Sony is going to win when it comes to hardware but software is going to be interesting. I thought the 360 wouldnt get so many new owners so new PS3 owners would help Sony overcome the larger 360 base in software sales, but there are enough new 360 owners to make this a close competition.