By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up!!! (Sept 12, 2009)

CGI-Quality said:
Max King of the Wild said:
starcraft said:
starcraft said:
How can anyone argue the Xbox 360 is doing poorly? It didn't get a price drop, they increased the size of the HDD, last week they still would have had some 60GB's getting fire-saled.

This week with that all done, they are still kicking ass. Look at the history of how much PS3/Xbox 360 sales have dropped when the other got a price drop. In this instance (thus far) that hasn't happened. Truly proving the durability of Xbox 360 as a brand.

Oh starcraft... I remember all the "Ps3 recieved 2 price cuts" rhetoric you always spouted... how quickly your tune changes when the 360 does something similiar.

The difference there was that there were two definitive drops in entry price.  In this case, there is none.

face palm yourself.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THE 80GIGER TOOK OVER THE 60GIGGERS SPOT!

The 80 was released at 600 dollars when the 60 gig was lowered at 500 dollars. THEN after the 60 gig was discontinued the 80 gig dropped to 500. ALL YOU HEARD WAS "It took Sony 2 price cuts to start outselling the 360" EVERY FUCKING WEEK!

Woah.....come on guys, this is getting a little too heated, no?

Not really. I just hate people who know they are lying. Starcraft is one of those people to save face right now.

Around the Network

@CGI

Its Max King of the Wild and starcraft, when have its never been heated?

CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
@CGI

Good point....

Hey, I have nothing against a good debate. I'd just rather not see either one of them get banned for going too far....

Starcraft is calmly debating, max is just being himself.

I wonder what PS3 sales will be at in a few more weeks once all this has settled down? I, unfortunately, won't be able to get my Slim unless someone surprises me for my birthday or christmas No extra money after all the must have games coming out this holiday season!

Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
@CGI

Good point....

Hey, I have nothing against a good debate. I'd just rather not see either one of them get banned for going too far....

calmly debating? More like being his usually spinning numbers troll

Around the Network
Seece said:

Why do I still have your signature?

Tease.

Can someone post the numbers from last week and this week for comparison?

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
starcraft said:
How can anyone argue the Xbox 360 is doing poorly? It didn't get a price drop, they increased the size of the HDD, last week they still would have had some 60GB's getting fire-saled.

This week with that all done, they are still kicking ass. Look at the history of how much PS3/Xbox 360 sales have dropped when the other got a price drop. In this instance (thus far) that hasn't happened. Truly proving the durability of Xbox 360 as a brand.

Oh starcraft... I remember all the "Ps3 recieved 2 price cuts" rhetoric you always spouted... how quickly your tune changes when the 360 does something similiar.

The difference there was that there were two definitive drops in entry price.  In this case, there is none.

face palm yourself.

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THE 80GIGER TOOK OVER THE 60GIGGERS SPOT!

The 80 was released at 600 dollars when the 60 gig was lowered at 500 dollars. THEN after the 60 gig was discontinued the 80 gig dropped to 500. ALL YOU HEARD WAS "It took Sony 2 price cuts to start outselling the 360" EVERY FUCKING WEEK!

Woah.....come on guys, this is getting a little too heated, no?

Not really. I just hate people who know they are lying. Starcraft is one of those people to save face right now.

I think CGI called it, calm down a bit mate.

What you're talking about is not something I said.  There was a noticable period between the removal of one model and the re-introduction of another.  At some point I did argue that THAT was in effect an interim price drop.

I see no correlation between that and the current situation however.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

No... You wouldnt see the correlation. Because your a blind fanboy who always spouts anti sony rhetoric.

CGI-Quality said:
bonkers555 said:
@CGI

Good point....

Looks like you are too late.

I see a ban coming...