By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

DrYon said:
Staude said:
DrYon said:

LOL.

These Sony fanboys are funny. They spend a lot of their time bashing Wii's third party games, telling they suck, Wii has no good third-party games... and now when an opportunity to play it on their favorite console appear, they get excited. That's what I call a sudden change of opinion.

Wanna play Wii games? Buy a Wii. Period.

Actually if you read through the thread you'll notice that most people voice a concern regarding getting wii games on the ps3. Most ps3 owners who wrote in this thread.

I find it funny when someone enters a thread to make a point that's in complete disregard of the actual content within the thread... :p

Sorry, but I'm afraid you read the wrong thread. Don't try to hide the facts.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:

looks like you didn't read what you colored in yellow properly. I am not talking about themiddle ware, which is provided by the same company. I am talking of doing games that uses the motion controls properly without making it a wagglefest or a broken controlled game. This requires experience that a middleware cannot provide, it requires hours of testing to see it the control setup is fun, or broken making the player feel stupid.

There are many, many wii games with wagglefest all over it, even though some might have seemed to have potential. This will happen to PS3 games.

A research must be done to figure out what motions are the correct ones for a specific game. To have a list of what motions make sense depending on the type of player, the position of the player, among other factors outside any development tool

Read more carefully

Of course there are many games with poor motion controls.  Developers have had going on three years with the Wiimote to find new and exciting ways to screw it up.  However, they have also had 3 years to make it work and in some cases they've done very well.  It's these developers that will succeed and they are enabled to succeed by the fact that they don't need another three years learning what not to do with an entirely new device.

axumblade said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
the_bloodwalker said:

In some ways, I think it could actually benefit the Wii by having it on the PS3 as well. The "gimmick" controller schemes won't be completely gone but I could see them working a little harder on both systems. I also hope that they upgrade the games graphically as well. Some of these companies don't even try to make the game look good on the Wii before they declare it as done.

Since it was a guy from Capcom saying this, I'm going to take a guess at Capcom possibly making the Resident Evil Chronicle games to cross over to the PS3...

That would make me a very happy man

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

It's Capcom saying this, my mind is definitely looking right at Monster Hunter 3 ( on PS3, 1080p 60fps..) I wonder what kind of contract they did with nintendo for the wii version on exclusivity?  I don't think games ported to be 60fps, 1080p from wii would be that bad honestly on ps3, people would eat them up - it just depends on how many Sony can sell to create a market for it.

Of course the Japanese love the PS3 Mote,cause its Japanese,they hate American products you know

By Lillibelu standards of course

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
the_bloodwalker said:

looks like you didn't read what you colored in yellow properly. I am not talking about themiddle ware, which is provided by the same company. I am talking of doing games that uses the motion controls properly without making it a wagglefest or a broken controlled game. This requires experience that a middleware cannot provide, it requires hours of testing to see it the control setup is fun, or broken making the player feel stupid.

There are many, many wii games with wagglefest all over it, even though some might have seemed to have potential. This will happen to PS3 games.

A research must be done to figure out what motions are the correct ones for a specific game. To have a list of what motions make sense depending on the type of player, the position of the player, among other factors outside any development tool

Read more carefully

Of course there are many games with poor motion controls.  Developers have had going on three years with the Wiimote to find new and exciting ways to screw it up.  However, they have also had 3 years to make it work and in some cases they've done very well.  It's these developers that will succeed and they are enabled to succeed by the fact that they don't need another three years learning what not to do with an entirely new device.

they had 20+ years with a controler that uses no motion and there are still games with broken controls.

If they are still having problems without motion controls for all that time, how can I certain that just three years guarantee a good controlled game?

Perhaps this show that controllers are just important.... until we can control games with our minds....

4 ≈ One

Soriku said:
@ameratsu

Controllers are so damn expensive this gen. It's ridiculous how they cost almost/the same as some games. Honestly, how expensive can they be to make?? That's why I only get one controller...the one that I get with the system. Any other controllers I might have I don't buy.

It bugs me too.... 

MSRP for a Dualshock 3 is 55USD.... throw in 5 bucks and that's a brand new full retail title!!! 

4 ≈ One

Soriku said:
Rob6021 said:
It's Capcom saying this, my mind is definitely looking right at Monster Hunter 3 ( on PS3, 1080p 60fps..) I wonder what kind of contract they did with nintendo for the wii version on exclusivity?

MH3 doesn't even use motion controls. It doesn't even utilize the pointer. Plus they made the CC Pro for it remember?

They canceled MH3 for PS3 for a reason. No reason to go back to it now. They're best making off MHP3 for PSP.

Actually, MH3 DOES support motion controls.  The thing is, too many hardcore MH fans prefer to use the regular controller.

They canceled MH3 on PS3 for "a reason" and I doubt we will ever know the true story behind that decision.  I would be very careful when say something like "No reason to go back to it now".  Don't forget the lession from TOV and SO4.

The PSP version probably has been producing for awhile now.  Capcom is facing some competition now, a lot of MH fans are very excitied about the new Namco PSP game: God Eater.  Capcom can keep delaying the MH3P and let other companies make money.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Please...no