By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

1up had a little chat with Jun Takeuchi of Capcom about various things prior to TGS, including reaction from Japanese devs to Sony and Microsoft's motion control plans.

On Sony's wands:

"
Well just being from Capcom, I can tell you that we have a lot of good ideas on how to make use of that technology and we're looking forward to putting them into practice. However, speaking to other developers in Japan, I've heard a few of them say they were delighted by the Sony motion controller because they can just port over their Wii titles to the PS3.

"

On Natal:

"

I haven't heard much about how Western developers have reacted to Natal so I can't really talk about that, but I've heard a lot of people in the industry in Japan respond to it like it's a new problem that they have: "How are we going to develop games for this? What are we supposed to do with this now?" I can say that the developers in our offices back in Osaka have been very receptive to Natal and are looking forward to hopefully coming up with some good ideas for it."
I wonder what games will see a port from wii.

Around the Network

Yeah Sony wands seem cool, good idea to port wii games.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

noes ! wii ports.

Check out my game about moles ^

This is bad news. Why would anybody want direct ports of a game with no extra content? Seriously what is with this habit of getting late ports for PS3 from 360 and now Wii, Wii getting ports from last generation consoles, and 360 getting ports from PC. Developers, especially this generation are porting WAY too much and imo not making original, unique games. The only places you don't see this are PC and Handhelds. This is because ports on these platforms rarely sell.

It's taken the PS3 over 3 years to get an upgrade that will let it play Wii Play, Link's Crossbow Training, and Red Steel.

And what's more pathetic is that after 4 years on the market, the 360 still won't be able to handle any of them.

Around the Network

So it's like the Wii wands?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Lol... Port games....

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Also you can't want sales out of this because any game that requires an add-on, until such add-on is proven successful, is leading toward low sales.

Not Acceptable

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

^^ Sony will demand expanded ports from the Wii...so it's not going to be the same thing.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder