By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

ps3 = wii HD? :P

Around the Network

Zack and Wiki 2 PSWii title (I can dream can't I)

But no matter how much lame extra content they add, still Unacceptable

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Madworld port? The developer seems unhappy with sales so far, could be worth releasing on PSN as an experiment.

I guess potentially third part titles using motion controls like Raving Rabbits.

I suspect however they meant more current developments - i.e. going forward why release only on Wii when you could release on Wii / PS3? Given the HD nature of PS3 though it raises another question - do they release with Wii graphics as say a PSN title (which would be fine by me) or do they invest more to produce an HD version on PS3 with higher resolution, etc?

Also, Sony has a policy of late arrivals having new content, so I suppose any ports of already released titles might have some additional content.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Madworld port? The developer seems unhappy with sales so far, could be worth releasing on PSN as an experiment.

I guess potentially third part titles using motion controls like Raving Rabbits.

I suspect however they meant more current developments - i.e. going forward why release only on Wii when you could release on Wii / PS3? Given the HD nature of PS3 though it raises another question - do they release with Wii graphics as say a PSN title (which would be fine by me) or do they invest more to produce an HD version on PS3 with higher resolution, etc?

Also, Sony has a policy of late arrivals having new content, so I suppose any ports of already released titles might have some additional content.

Madworld is Sega not capcom. Raving Rabbits is Ubisoft. Most of the good capcom games on the Wii don't use the Wiimote enough for it not to have been ported before(Monster Hunter 3 Tatsunoko vs Capcom), or they are ports themselves(Re4 Okami.) So yeah I agree with your idea that it will be new games.

Edit: By releasing it on PSN I feel they would be limiting an already limited userbase of a smaller overall install base even more. Not a good idea.

i dont understand this idea that wii games are equal to PSN games. also although the sony wands had motion i remember the pointing to be no where near as good as IR

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

so MH3 on PS3 confirmed.....lol

well why won't they do it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

sc94597 said:
Reasonable said:

Madworld is Sega not capcom. Raving Rabbits is Ubisoft. Most of the good capcom games on the Wii don't use the Wiimote enough for it not to have been ported before(Monster Hunter 3 Tatsunoko vs Capcom), or they are ports themselves(Re4 Okami.) So yeah I agree with your idea that it will be new games.

Edit: By releasing it on PSN I feel they would be limiting an already limited userbase of a smaller overall install base even more. Not a good idea.

Right you are, got my developers mixed up there.  Regarding PSN my thoughts were that it would serve as a fairly lost cost way to 'test the waters' - although obviously with a more limited audience - for older games.  So say put Madworld on PSN and see how it sells, if it sells okay for a PSN title then move to disc.  For example, I'm not sure who the developer is, but Boom Blocks (spelling?) would seem like a title that would fit well with the wands and could either be released straight to disc or on PSN initially to gauge interest.

I think for new titles, if a developer decided to release a full new game on Wii/PS3 at the same time, then clearly a disc launch would be the way to go.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

There are very few Wii games that are worth the porting, i would think. Generally a Wii game is made because it wouldn't be profitable elsewhere, that's what all the head-scratching was about when Marvelous declared they might be porting some of their works. The investment in making everything look better wouldn't be worth the returns

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

On one side, it's good that Sony's motion controller is being well accepted among Japanese developers. There are some that wanted HD and motion control and Wii does not provide that.

On the other hand. Many of these developers have little to no experience with motion controls, so it will take quite a while. Many of these titles will come with the dualshock support as an option in case the wand does not soar.

Of course they will start with Wii ports and other cheap efforts... this is an add-on with no proven ability to create a big userbase.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957