By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

GAME PARTY HD!

lol

seriously tho some wii ports would be nice

plus obviously tiger woods takes many steps up on ps3 now

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
Interesting, as there seems to be one fatal flaw with porting Wii games to PS3 - No nunchuck. So I guess this would be ok for games that only use the main wii-remote, which generally are all the really basic shovelware games.

So shovelware for PS3 confirmed, is what I get out of this news. I wouldn't exactly call that good news.

Actually I was just about to say this as everyone seems to have forgotten that the wand has no analog control. My biggest problem is that with the wand being an add-on it won't get good support. This is why I feel they should take Nintendo's approach, as Microsoft plans with Natal, and make it the primary controller.

...Cause ports or otherwise if Microsoft and Sony's controllers are add-on's the support will be slow.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

kowenicki said:
Excellent news for 360 owners... new ideas and new ways of doing things will come from Natal then... its really making them think which is good for the industry.

For the PS3, i agree with above sentiments, any simple or even slightly enhanced "port wii titles" will get the response they deserve from me...

i hardly think "i will not develop for your hardware" is a new idea.  xD

senortaco said:
bardicverse said:
Interesting, as there seems to be one fatal flaw with porting Wii games to PS3 - No nunchuck. So I guess this would be ok for games that only use the main wii-remote, which generally are all the really basic shovelware games.

So shovelware for PS3 confirmed, is what I get out of this news. I wouldn't exactly call that good news.

Actually I was just about to say this as everyone seems to have forgotten that the wand has no analog control. My biggest problem is that with the wand being an add-on it won't get good support. This is why I feel they should take Nintendo's approach, as Microsoft plans with Natal, and make it the primary controller.

...Cause ports or otherwise if Microsoft and Sony's controllers are add-on's the support will be slow.

it DOES have analogues. One for each wand. Each wand is like half a dual shock.

Check out my game about moles ^

senortaco said:
bardicverse said:

I thought some side shots of the wand showed a small analogue stick probably intended for the thumb to move it?

If Sony are serious about Wands with buttons, etc. then I expect it to support analogue movement.

Now where are those pics they submitted for patent of their wands early concept?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

If this gets starts a trend and the PS3 begins to get the Wii's shovelware fast enough this could be the most even marketshare generation we have ever seen.

sc94597 said:
This is bad news. Why would anybody want direct ports of a game with no extra content? Seriously what is with this habit of getting late ports for PS3 from 360 and now Wii, Wii getting ports from last generation consoles, and 360 getting ports from PC. Developers, especially this generation are porting WAY too much and imo not making original, unique games. The only places you don't see this are PC and Handhelds. This is because ports on these platforms rarely sell.

lol thats so true.

360 = PC ports

PS3 = 360 ports/SOon to be Wii ports

Wii ports from PS2

Err... what's the point of this sony wand without a complementary controller, like a nunchuk?

Besides that, the good news for Sony is I see no epic WM+ single player games coming out from Nintendo for over a year. Sony needs to put out an amazing adventure/rpg game that takes full advantage of the lollidildo and proves this is worthwhile tech. I just fear they announced the lollidildo too soon and will have no such game ready nor one anywhere near done.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

well, at least the Wii ports should end up being PSN only.. i hope..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Staude said:
senortaco said:
bardicverse said:

it DOES have analogues. One for each wand. Each wand is like half a dual shock.

It doesnt, the people who got their hands on it at E3 even said so. Everyone was wondering "How do I move my character?"