By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

ameratsu said:

Err... what's the point of this sony wand without a complementary controller, like a nunchuk?

Besides that, the good news for Sony is I see no epic WM+ single player games coming out from Nintendo for over a year. Sony needs to put out an amazing adventure/rpg game that takes full advantage of the lollidildo and proves this is worthwhile tech. I just fear they announced the lollidildo too soon and will have no such game ready nor one anywhere near done.

you use two wands

@bardicverse that was a prototype. Sony said you could play all current and future ps3 games with it .. in other words it'll need analogues.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

Err... what's the point of this sony wand without a complementary controller, like a nunchuk?

Besides that, the good news for Sony is I see no epic WM+ single player games coming out from Nintendo for over a year. Sony needs to put out an amazing adventure/rpg game that takes full advantage of the lollidildo and proves this is worthwhile tech. I just fear they announced the lollidildo too soon and will have no such game ready nor one anywhere near done.

you can duel wield the motion controllers.  if you do duel wield them you have everything the wiimote with motion plus can do and a bit more.  of course now you are assuming not only did you buy the new accessory but in fact bought 2 of them.

the_bloodwalker said:
whatever said:
Both the PS3 wand and Natal are going to be brutal failures. There is no way there will be any major adoption of either this far into the generation.

I belive Natal will do much better for PC applications and will suvive well there. On gaming it will prove quite hard to do a high budget title, probably will do well on XBLA.

The PS3 wand will face a lot of issues, first because the console owners are already used to the dualshock 3 and prefer the games on with that input, so games will come with the tow options (wand and dualshock) which will kill the mommentum; the second is the lack of experience developers have in motion controllers. If thay couldn't even get it right on the Wii, that without WM+ has many limitations, how can they nail it from the start with the wand?.... it will be a slow process, not an explosion. But will not exceed what many fanboys predict

Developers working with the Wiimote and PS3 wand will be utilizing the same middleware.  This nullifies your second point.

Hmm interesting, that's good to know. Now that I think of it, I did see a video on the playstation blog with some guy dual wielding.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Microsoft has a nice device and I can see some interesting games using only hand motions (likea new breed of rts games) but in the end games like they are now can't be translated to Natal. Sony has the advantage since the Wand is better to play current genres with and it can get Wii ports. Either one can win this new round but Microsoft better come up with some ways to use Natal or maybe add a small handdevice not with motion sensing in it but with atleast some buttons and a thumb stick on it.

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
Staude said:
senortaco said:
bardicverse said:
Interesting, as there seems to be one fatal flaw with porting Wii games to PS3 - No nunchuck. So I guess this would be ok for games that only use the main wii-remote, which generally are all the really basic shovelware games.

So shovelware for PS3 confirmed, is what I get out of this news. I wouldn't exactly call that good news.

Actually I was just about to say this as everyone seems to have forgotten that the wand has no analog control. My biggest problem is that with the wand being an add-on it won't get good support. This is why I feel they should take Nintendo's approach, as Microsoft plans with Natal, and make it the primary controller.

...Cause ports or otherwise if Microsoft and Sony's controllers are add-on's the support will be slow.

it DOES have analogues. One for each wand. Each wand is like half a dual shock.

It doesnt, the people who got their hands on it at E3 even said so. Everyone was wondering "How do I move my character?"

The PlayStation motion controller will feature buttons on the wand, an analog trigger capability[fn 4] as well as vibration-based haptic technology.[18] In addition to providing a tracking reference, the wand's orb light can be used to simulate aesthetic effects, such as the muzzle flash of a gun, or the paint on a brush.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_motion_controller

@staude - Any images of anything besides the prototype out there yet?

@room414 - Your post says nothing. It says analogue trigger button, which is the same as the trigger for the Wii remote. It says nothing about an analogue stick.

Soriku said:
the_bloodwalker said:
whatever said:
Both the PS3 wand and Natal are going to be brutal failures. There is no way there will be any major adoption of either this far into the generation.

I belive Natal will do much better for PC applications and will suvive well there. On gaming it will prove quite hard to do a high budget title, probably will do well on XBLA.

The PS3 wand will face a lot of issues, first because the console owners are already used to the dualshock 3 and prefer the games on with that input, so games will come with the tow options (wand and dualshock) which will kill the mommentum; the second is the lack of experience developers have in motion controllers. If thay couldn't even get it right on the Wii, that without WM+ has many limitations, how can they nail it from the start with the wand?.... it will be a slow process, not an explosion. But will not exceed what many fanboys predict

And the third is you can't even move by yourself. I still think the Wand is stupid. Natal isn't too bad though.

Soriku...you do know the wand is basically a Wii mote with motion plus added to it right?...if you hate SONY mote then u hate Wii mote man..and btw it will have a analog that was confirmed shortly after E3, the final bild will have a analog

darthdevidem01 said:
so MH3 on PS3 confirmed.....lol

well why won't they do it

This...I am willing to bet anybody on this site this will eventually happen and we will here about it next year when the rumors start popin up

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
so MH3 on PS3 confirmed.....lol

well why won't they do it

This...I am willing to bet anybody on this site this will eventually happen and we will here about it next year when the rumors start popin up

You can do MH3 without the Wiimote though. I'm afraid if they wanted to port it they would have done so already.