By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

@Staude You mention how much worse than the wand , but still haven't backed up your claims.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
the_bloodwalker said:
whatever said:
Both the PS3 wand and Natal are going to be brutal failures. There is no way there will be any major adoption of either this far into the generation.

I belive Natal will do much better for PC applications and will suvive well there. On gaming it will prove quite hard to do a high budget title, probably will do well on XBLA.

The PS3 wand will face a lot of issues, first because the console owners are already used to the dualshock 3 and prefer the games on with that input, so games will come with the tow options (wand and dualshock) which will kill the mommentum; the second is the lack of experience developers have in motion controllers. If thay couldn't even get it right on the Wii, that without WM+ has many limitations, how can they nail it from the start with the wand?.... it will be a slow process, not an explosion. But will not exceed what many fanboys predict

Developers working with the Wiimote and PS3 wand will be utilizing the same middleware.  This nullifies your second point.

looks like you didn't read what you colored in yellow properly. I am not talking about themiddle ware, which is provided by the same company. I am talking of doing games that uses the motion controls properly without making it a wagglefest or a broken controlled game. This requires experience that a middleware cannot provide, it requires hours of testing to see it the control setup is fun, or broken making the player feel stupid.

There are many, many wii games with wagglefest all over it, even though some might have seemed to have potential. This will happen to PS3 games.

A research must be done to figure out what motions are the correct ones for a specific game. To have a list of what motions make sense depending on the type of player, the position of the player, among other factors outside any development tool

Read more carefully

sc94597 said:

@Staude You mention how much worse than the wand , but still haven't backed up your claims.

Do you think I can really be arsed to go out of my way to proove it ? Believe what you want.

Anyhow, the mere fact that you use two wands and not a wand and a nunchuck makes it much better.

Not to mention no wires and no batteries (of the regular kind) oh yes !

Longer range !

But yeah it's also better on a technical level.. But if you don't believe that ... then don't.

Check out my game about moles ^

How has it got a longer range? If you're talking about motions I can make them in my garden and it recognises them perfectly.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Developers: "Finally, we can port our Wii games to the PS3!"

Too bad nobody will buy them.

I find this wand > wiimote discussion pointless, because I can't see the wand taking off (to put it lightly). How big of a userbase do people think it'll manage?

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:
How has it got a longer range? If you're talking about motions I can make them in my garden and it recognises them perfectly.

I'm talking about range where the sensor bar registers the device. I can barely stand 2 meters away and it starts having trouble. The curser flimmers on the screen before vaporating completely.

Staude said:
bazmeistergen said:

I'm talking about range where the sensor bar registers the device. I can barely stand 2 meters away and it starts having trouble. The curser flimmers on the screen before vaporating completely.

The sensor bar is only used for IR. As long as you are within 20ft it should register. I doubt anybody would be trying to play an IR focused game even more. What I would like to know is what happends when you try to use the PS3 mote in the dark? From my understanding the Eyetoy doesn't register in the dark right? Isn't it a combination of the controller and the eye toy that pulls off the motion controls?

sc94597 said:
Staude said:
bazmeistergen said:

The sensor bar is only used for IR. As long as you are within 20ft it should register. I doubt anybody would be trying to play an IR focused game even more. What I would like to know is what happends when you try to use the PS3 mote in the dark? From my understanding the Eyetoy doesn't register in the dark right? Isn't it a combination of the controller and the eye toy that pulls off the motion controls?

The wand works fine in the dark, the ps eye is much better than the eyetoy but not optimal.

And it might be "supposed" to work 20 feet away, but atleast mine does not. Has never.

My dualshock 3 works anywhere though :peven in the bathroom.. with a closed door.. not that it's very useful lol.

Staude said:
sc94597 said:
Staude said:
bazmeistergen said:

The wand works fine in the dark, the ps eye is much better than the eyetoy but not optimal.

And it might be "supposed" to work 20 feet away, but atleast mine does not. Has never.

My dualshock 3 works anywhere though :peven in the bathroom.. with a closed door.. not that it's very useful lol.

Dualshock 3 doesn't use IR though does it? You'll notice that the buttons and motion gestures still work no matter the distance.

sc94597 said:
Staude said:
sc94597 said:
Staude said:
bazmeistergen said:

Dualshock 3 doesn't use IR though does it? You'll notice that the buttons and motion gestures still work no matter the distance.

nope just bluetooth.

And are you sure about that ? I recollect trying to play brawl in my couch (where it wouldn't reach) and it not working so i had to move the sensor bar onto the table... Well it was a long time ago so my memory about that could be unprecise... I'd test it out but i've got it packed away so i can't be arsed now.