By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

Staude said:
sc94597 said:
Staude said:
sc94597 said:
Staude said:
bazmeistergen said:
How has it got a longer range? If you're talking about motions I can make them in my garden and it recognises them perfectly.

I'm talking about range where the sensor bar registers the device. I can barely stand 2 meters away and it starts having trouble. The curser flimmers on the screen before vaporating completely.

The sensor bar is only used for IR. As long as you are within 20ft it should register. I doubt anybody would be trying to play an IR focused game even more. What I would like to know is what happends when you try to use the PS3 mote in the dark? From my understanding the Eyetoy doesn't register in the dark right? Isn't it a combination of the controller and the eye toy that pulls off the motion controls?

The wand works fine in the dark, the ps eye is much better than the eyetoy but not optimal.

And it might be "supposed" to work 20 feet away, but atleast mine does not. Has never.

My dualshock 3 works anywhere though :peven in the bathroom.. with a closed door.. not that it's very useful lol.

Dualshock 3 doesn't use IR though does it? You'll notice that the buttons and motion gestures still work no matter the distance.

nope just bluetooth.

And are you sure about that ? I recollect trying to play brawl in my couch (where it wouldn't reach) and it not working so i had to move the sensor bar onto the table... Well it was a long time ago so my memory about that could be unprecise... I'd test it out but i've got it packed away so i can't be arsed now.

The Dualshock 3 question was rhetorical.

Yes, I've played games with my sensor bar disconnected.

Around the Network

LOL.

These Sony fanboys are funny. They spend a lot of their time bashing Wii's third party games, telling they suck, Wii has no good third-party games... and now when an opportunity to play it on their favorite console appear, they get excited. That's what I call a sudden change of opinion.

Wanna play Wii games? Buy a Wii. Period.

"I haven't heard much about how Western developers have reacted to Natal "

I'm confused...because I know several Japanese developers use unreal engine (for example) in their games...so you'd think they would be in discussion with western developers...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

DrYon said:

LOL.

These Sony fanboys are funny. They spend a lot of their time bashing Wii's third party games, telling they suck, Wii has no good third-party games... and now when an opportunity to play it on their favorite console appear, they get excited. That's what I call a sudden change of opinion.

Careful, this post isn't glorifying the PS3. You might get a mod warning from Torillian

DrYon said:

LOL.

Actually if you read through the thread you'll notice that most people voice a concern regarding getting wii games on the ps3. Most ps3 owners who wrote in this thread.

I find it funny when someone enters a thread to make a point that's in complete disregard of the actual content within the thread... :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
DrYon said:

LOL.

Careful, this post isn't glorifying the PS3. You might get a mod warning from Torillian

"Fanboy" is a term that we don't use on this site, as it incites partisan and divisiveness (Torillian, do I get any brown-nosing points?)

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
bardicverse said:
DrYon said:

LOL.

"Fanboy" is a term that we don't use on this site, as it incites partisan and divisiveness (Torillian, do I get any brown-nosing points?)

LOL nice!

So if Sony is really going to require 2 remote for certain games (or, atleast one remote and some kind of complementary controller), in addition to a PSeye, this shit just got expensive.

Lollidildo = $30-50 each
PS Eye = $35

So assuming certain games need two, you're looking at $95-$135 depending on Lollidildo pricing. I suppose they could bundle one remote, a ps eye and a sports game together for $60.

And here I thought the $70 I just spent on a Wiimote and nunchuk was insane.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Staude said:

Also it has rumble. Which is neat. And it doesn't just define where it is in full 3d but also the angle of the device.

So does Wii MotionPlus.  For that matter, the Wii Remote by itself can detect angle in certain situations.  How do you think the driving in Mario Kart Wii works?

The Sony and Nintendo systems are two different ways to get the same result (as long as Sony adds a analog stick to their system).

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Staude said:
DrYon said:

LOL.

Actually if you read through the thread you'll notice that most people voice a concern regarding getting wii games on the ps3. Most ps3 owners who wrote in this thread.

I find it funny when someone enters a thread to make a point that's in complete disregard of the actual content within the thread... :p

Sorry, but I'm afraid you read the wrong thread. Don't try to hide the facts.