By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom: Japanese devs 'delighted' with Sony's wands; Expect Wii Ports

There is another reason why the Wii was chosen for Monster Hunter 3, and it has nothing to do with motion controls whatsoever. It's because of the wii's audience that might accept the franchise better than PSP and PS2 in the West

Around the Network

So, does this mean the Wii is in trouble? Wii HD had better get announce soon...like at TGS...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
So, does this mean the Wii is in trouble? Wii HD had better get announce soon...like at TGS...lol.

Yeah an add-on to the PS3 that we don't know how much it will be supported by is going to kill the wii? Wii HD is by far a joke imo, and I have problems understanding how anybody expects one. It would go against pretty much everything Nintendo has did this generation.

Great news for SONY and PS3 owners. More choice is only better for all of us. Cannot wait to play HD shooters with duel wands "that each have an anolog stick". Kick arss!!!

As for M$, I hope we see some true support and innovation. Very risky for them with this tech, tho and late. Jap deves will really support the PS3 it seems with their wand.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

sc94597 said:
heruamon said:

Yeah an add-on to the PS3 that we don't know how much it will be supported by is going to kill the wii? Wii HD is by far a joke imo, and I have problems understanding how anybody expects one. It would go against pretty much everything Nintendo has did this generation.

Didn't say kill it...just in trouble...Wii HD is a joke? 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Around the Network

Which games can be ported anyway? there arent that many succesful games using the motion controls and the IR pointing, they are going to port Trauma Center and Cooking Mama, then they are going to REmake RE4 again

As far as i know, Sonyers think motion controls are gay or something when they see Cooking Mama they are going to die

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Soriku said:
This isn't going to be trouble for the Wii at all. You act like major Wii games will be ported...

Most of Wii's major games are 1st party...so no...I don't think it's going to trouble Wii in general...but what was the major appeal of Wii?

Soriku said:
This isn't going to be trouble for the Wii at all. You act like major Wii games will be ported...

at least the "major" Wii game from UBISOFT will be ported

we will see at lot of Rabbids hopping in HDTV

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

theRepublic said:
Staude said:

Also it has rumble. Which is neat. And it doesn't just define where it is in full 3d but also the angle of the device.

So does Wii MotionPlus.  For that matter, the Wii Remote by itself can detect angle in certain situations.  How do you think the driving in Mario Kart Wii works?

The Sony and Nintendo systems are two different ways to get the same result (as long as Sony adds a analog stick to their system).

Sonys will have 2 analogues. One for each wand. Think of each wand like half a set. Like you would with the wii mote and the nunchuck. Difference is that each wand has sub pixel accuracy in relation to tracking does it perfectly straight out of the box, and sure you also need the camera. But to get anywhere near the level of accuracy on the wii it's likely more expensive.

2 wii motes (the nunchuck wont cut it) despite you usually using the nunchuck as the secondary controller i heard that this is possible. Then 2 motion plus attachments and batteries every few days.. that runs up fast. Not to mention it's still not as accurate... And a sensorbar is also required.

Now take sonys, 2 wands, 1 ps eye. Voila. Done.

And while the 2 wii motes would have 0 analogues the wands would have 2. As like the wii mote nunchuck the 2 wands are like a set.

This is not directed particularly at you only but it's amazing that people can't understand that you're supposed t ouse two wands and that the two wands are different like the wii mote and the nunchuck except that the two wands area like each half of a dualshock controller.

Check out my game about moles ^

heruamon said:
Soriku said:

Most of Wii's major games are 1st party...so no...I don't think it's going to trouble Wii in general...but what was the major appeal of Wii?

I'm guessing you think the PS3 wands will really take off? How much of the PS3 userbase do you believe will buy this ps eye/wand combo? Honestly, I don't think it'll even get many Wii ports, since it won't be worth the trouble. The ratio of Wii : PS3 wand userbase will probably be something like the PS2:GC ratio.

It's easy to figure out the Wii's appeal - accessibility. Take a look at the games, Wii Fit, Wii Sports/Resort, Mario Kart Wii. The remote is easy to figure out, as is the interface (point & click). Everyday people can figure it out. The PS3 doesn't really excel here, we have yet to see the games (Sony first party seems unable to capture the mass market), and I'm unsure how the new interface will look (if they're changing it).

Anyway, it's not just all about the technology. If the PSP Go had a touchscreen, it does not mean the DS would be in trouble. People overlook the software too often - it's all about games, games, games. People don't care about what's under the hood, they only care about the experience. Also, they tend to like simpler gameplay mechanics (look at top selling games), so even if the wands were superior, it wouldn't really mean anything, because most people couldn't tell the difference.