By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You means we perceive him now? or how he is perceived originally. because originally he was many Arabic people imo who were jewish, but now he is perceived as one white non jewish guy...

Man I'm hammered.

Around the Network

Yup.

Exia said:
Just wondering, why is there so much hatred against jews if jesus was a jew?
Not too familiar with the history so anyone can fill in that will be great.

It might be because Judas was also a Jew. Todays Christians don't think of Jesus as a Jew, but Judas was a Jew, which is why Jews got the nick name Christ Killers amongst some hardcore Christians.

Not only was he Jewish, but he was black too.

Certainly not the white guy with auburn locks you see in churches today.

tombi123 said:
Are you sure there were Muslims? I thought that was founded in about 600 AD...

But yeah Jesus was a Jew.

Islam was a religion that was derived from Christianity, but they do not hold the same beliefs about Christ that the Christians do. Essentially they believe in the virgin birth of Christ, and that he was a profit, but they do not believe that he was the son of god; and the reason they don’t support Jewish or Christian views on the old and new testaments is that these books were written long after their profits died, whereas the Quran and Haddiths were written during the life of Mohamed (meaning that the first two testaments were incorrect because they were the interpreted word of god, while the Quran was the literal word of god).

Now, one of the key reasons why there is such conflict between these religions is because they have all been in close contact for a very long time (hundreds of years of unresolved conflict can cause many problems today) and the close relationship between the religions has always put these groups in much more direct conflict regarding beliefs (a Buddist and a Christian can hear about each other's beliefs without conflict because one person's belief has little impact on the other person's belief, while a Christian and a Muslim will have arguments because they both believe the other has their valued beliefs wrong).

Around the Network

urrr people hated Jews back then as well. Why do you think the Romans wiped them out? Jews became immigrants without a nation, but due to their resourcefulness, still managed to survive and make a living for themselves.

And when they had it good, poor native people would get jealous and would find a way to bash them. "they steal our money, they are cheap, they are evil, etc. etc."

Those same romans who hated jews back during jesus day became Christians and still hated jews 1000 years later.

Blubeard said:

I don't know enough about the debate but I do think he was. Most people in his time were either Jews or Muslims

No, most people in His time were not either Jews or Muslims. Islam did not exist before the early 7th Century. The creation of Islam transpired approximately 600 years after Jesus's ministry. Perhaps you are confusing Muslims with Samaritans?

Was Jesus a Jew? During the time of Jesus, it is believed that there were three or four Jewish sects: the Sadducees, Pharisees, Essenes, and possibly the Zealots. It has been postulated by some that Jesus may have been either a Pharisee or an Essene. Regardless of his sect, Jesus was undoubtedly a Jew.

HappySqurriel said:
Blubeard said:
elaborate.

Christianity is a religion that is derived from Judaism ... Jesus Christ and his followers would best be described as a radical Jewish sect.

This.

jew i think.

they say he was a jew.