By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

According to the Bible he was a Jew - a Nazarene, born in Bethlehem, raised in Egypt. Every text points to him being Jewish.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Yes, and my Jewish friend always brings that up. We get a good laugh.

So God is jewish?

im_sneaky said:
So God is jewish?

No, God is love. (1 John 4:8)

Blubeard said:

I don't know enough about the debate but I do think he was. Most people in his time were either Jews or Muslims

Both.  Depends on who you ask.

Oblviously, Christians think that Jesus was a Jew and the son of god. 

Muslims think that Jesus was a prohpet and a Muslim because he understood God's true message.  For the same reasoning, Muslims like to think of other pre-Islam prophets who recieve God's message as Muslim, examples including Abraham to Egyptian Pharoah Akhnaten who tried to convert Egypt into monotheism (thinking he did this because of God's influence).  Of course, not all Muslims agree with this, and not all Muslims agree with who was a previous prophet of God.  Egyptians are proud of their nationality and of their past, so many are willing to accept a Pharoah (a symbol of their past greatness) as a prophet of God to bridge their pride in Islam with their pride in Ancient Egypt.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
Blubeard said:

I don't know enough about the debate but I do think he was. Most people in his time were either Jews or Muslims

Oblviously, Christians think that Jesus was a Jew, and was the son of god. 

Muslims think that Jesus was a prohpet and was a Muslim because he understood God's true message.  For the same reasoning, Muslims like to think of other pre-Islam prophets who recieve God's message as Muslim, examples including Abraham to Egyptian Pharoah Akhnaten who tried to convert Egypt into monotheism (thinking he did this because of God's influence).

"Both"?? Don't be ridiculous. Scientifically and historically  Jesus was a Jew.

Slimebeast said:
ManusJustus said:
Blubeard said:

Muslims think that Jesus was a prohpet and was a Muslim because he understood God's true message.  For the same reasoning, Muslims like to think of other pre-Islam prophets who recieve God's message as Muslim, examples including Abraham to Egyptian Pharoah Akhnaten who tried to convert Egypt into monotheism (thinking he did this because of God's influence).

Both terms aren't exclusive of one another.  Being a Jew is dependent on your ethnicity, and being a Muslim is dependent on your belief.  Of course, not all people think the same thing, so the answer depends on who you ask.

who?

id like to know more about this person before i guess at what there ethnic or religious background may have been

Slimebeast said:
ManusJustus said:
Blubeard said:

Muslim means someone who submits to God. Did Jesus submit to God? Dots, connect them.

What, is this like the third time ManusJustus has gotten whooped in a religious argument?