By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Was Jesus a Jew?

fmc and Kasz,

Both of your arguments are similar so I'll address them simultaneously.  The thread creator seemed confused on religion and even history of the time in general, so I posted a simple, but not so known fact, about the Islamic view of Jesus to give him a better understanding of the subject.  It goes without saying that your historical view of Jesus is correct.

In regards to religious opinion, I could have said, Jesus didnt exist, or that was a Jew but he wasn't a Muslim because Mohammed is a false prophet, or that Jesus is the Son of God and directed him to a few Bible verses.  But in my view that would be inappropriate, and I see nothing wrong with telling him what I did.  That actually Jesus is considered both, depending on who you ask.

I'll let him make his own decision on who is right.

Kasz,

To be honest, I am not that familiar with what Jews think of Jesus.  I do know that they consider the Christian idea of Jesus as fraudulent, so I went from there.  Incorrect?  Yes, but as a Westerner when someone says Jesus I automatically think of the Christian Jesus.

Around the Network

He was a descendant of David.

This would make him Jewish.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Killergran said:
HappySqurriel said:

Islam was a religion that was derived from Christianity, but they do not hold the same beliefs about Christ that the Christians do. Essentially they believe in the virgin birth of Christ, and that he was a profit...

I'm sorry, but this was just too funny ;D

You've been talking too much economy, lately.

And about the difference between Christians and Jews, I wonder which is worse. Waiting indefinitely for someone that is supposed to arrive and put things right (chances pretty high you won't see him), or knowing he has arrived already and things are still fucked up.

But he's supposed to come back after the antichrist, until that we have a chance to make the world better on our own. Now, let's just hope there isn't a false antichrist before the real antichrist, otherwise they will think the antichrist is Jesus and the fake antichrist is the real antichrist... :P