By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I really just hate Manus. I don't hate a grudge, but he's just so incredibly vicious. The incredible aggressiveness, the insults, the PMs, it's all just disgusting. You know what? I'm going to report you Manus. I'm sick of your nasty attitude.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
  Jews think he was a fraud, Christians think he was the son of God, and Muslims think he was a prophet, and nothing is going to change that.

When Jesus comes back it's going to change, then we'll see who's laughing.

Tyrannical said:
Jesus was a Judean. "Jesus the Nazarene King of the Judeans" was what was written over his cross, not King of the Jews.

I guess you never had latin at school, but I'm always glad to help people out:

Jesus Nazarenus, Rex Judaeorum

Jesus from Nazareth, King of the Jews (Judeans = Jews, Judea = Roman province => inhabitants = Judeans = Jews) Maybe it would suit you well to learn another language, before you write wrong things:

examples of other languages that use to be closer to Latin in one way or the other for the word Jew:

Judio (Spanish)

Jude (German)

Judeu (Portugese)

Juif (French: By the pronunciation differences, here you can actually see, how the word got changed over the years into modern English)

ah yeah, you should listen more carefully to your religious education, it's one of the basic things you learn, if you have educated teachers, that the biggest tribe finally gave the name to the whole nation at Roman times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INRI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Judah (here especially the paragraph about Fate at the bottom)

Religious debate!

*runs*

I should disagree with Manus to get a special PM.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Religious debate!

*runs*

I should disagree with Manus to get a special PM.

I'll give you a special PM if you disagree with me.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
Jackson50 said:
ManusJustus said:Feel free to show us how. 

We did not insult you, although we might have stated it differently had we known how sensitive you are. We simply noted how Slimebeast made your point about Jesus being a Muslim because Muslims believe He was look incorrect.  Simply believing someone is something does not make them so. If that is the case, then President Obama is a Muslim because certain segments of the US population believe he is a Muslim. Had you stated Muslims believe He was a Muslim, but all objective evidence indicates that He was a Jew...well, then I think most would have accepted your argument.

By claiming members of VGChartz hold grudges against you. Also, sending them insulting PMs accusing them of holding grudges. That is pretty damn embarrassing.

Jesus is an ancient religious figure, and its no suprise that there isn't hard evidence proving Judaism, Christianity, or Islam correct about their beliefs in Jesus.  Obviously, some of them are wrong, if not all of them, but thats not the point, the point is what do people think of Jesus.  And in a sense that is almost as important as what Jesus actually was, at least in regards to understanding the religion of others.

Your (and Kasz) analogy is incorrect.  You can look at his bank account to see that he is a billionaire, and we aks and observe Obama to see if he is a Muslim.  Such things can be proven, if we saw Obama praying in a mosque or Kasz in Forbes Magazine, we would have our answer.  The same can not be said for Jesus Christ.  Jews think he was a fraud, Christians think he was the son of God, and Muslims think he was a prophet, and nothing is going to change that.

I think you went on the wrong path here. While different religions claim he is one of them, just technically he was a Jew. If we can trust the bible here, even Pontius Pilatus (=the official representative of the Roman Empire in the province of Judah) saw him as one and even literally tagged this at the top of his cross.

While some Jewish traditions call him a fraud, he technically is still a Jew. Simply to the fact, that nobody questions, that his mother Mary was Jewish (Jewish mother => Jewish son).

There is no difference between Jews as a religion or Jews as a nation in that time, simply because they defined themselves about that fact. He might have been a christian or muslim or whatever by later definitions, but technically he was without a doubt a Jew.

ManusJustus said:
Kasz216 said:
ManusJustus said:

Depends who you ask.

So it's your opinion is that reality is subjective.

That's a funny arguement.  I like it though.

Now i just need someone to believe i'm a billionaire.  Then i'll be set.

Jesus is a very important religious figure to many faiths, and thread creator was unsure about what was true about him.  Telling him that it depends who he asks, being that different people give different answers, seems appropirate for the religious explanation he was seeking.

Thats a nice false analogy though, keep trying.  A billion people believe Jesus was a Muslim, and even more think (know) he was a Jew.  No one believes that you are a billionaire, so the analogy is useless.

Even if i could convince a billion people I was a billionaire.  I would infact not be a billionaire.

Even if I convinced a billion people the moon was made of cheese.  The moon would not be made of cheese.

Reality is not subjective.

ManusJustus said:
Jackson50 said:
ManusJustus said:Feel free to show us how. 

We did not insult you, although we might have stated it differently had we known how sensitive you are. We simply noted how Slimebeast made your point about Jesus being a Muslim because Muslims believe He was look incorrect.  Simply believing someone is something does not make them so. If that is the case, then President Obama is a Muslim because certain segments of the US population believe he is a Muslim. Had you stated Muslims believe He was a Muslim, but all objective evidence indicates that He was a Jew...well, then I think most would have accepted your argument.

By claiming members of VGChartz hold grudges against you. Also, sending them insulting PMs accusing them of holding grudges. That is pretty damn embarrassing.

Jesus is an ancient religious figure, and its no suprise that there isn't hard evidence proving Judaism, Christianity, or Islam correct about their beliefs in Jesus.  Obviously, some of them are wrong, if not all of them, but thats not the point, the point is what do people think of Jesus.  And in a sense that is almost as important as what Jesus actually was, at least in regards to understanding the religion of others.

Your (and Kasz) analogy is incorrect.  You can look at his bank account to see that he is a billionaire, and we aks and observe Obama to see if he is a Muslim.  Such things can be proven, if we saw Obama praying in a mosque or Kasz in Forbes Magazine, we would have our answer.  The same can not be said for Jesus Christ.  Jews think he was a fraud, Christians think he was the son of God, and Muslims think he was a prophet, and nothing is going to change that.

Actually Jews don't believe Jesus was a fraud. 

They just don't believe he was the son of god... and that this was something later taken on by the christian sect.

They actually think of him as a respected holy man.  Outside of extreme orthodox jews anyway.

HappySqurriel said:

Islam was a religion that was derived from Christianity, but they do not hold the same beliefs about Christ that the Christians do. Essentially they believe in the virgin birth of Christ, and that he was a profit...

I'm sorry, but this was just too funny ;D

You've been talking too much economy, lately.

And about the difference between Christians and Jews, I wonder which is worse. Waiting indefinitely for someone that is supposed to arrive and put things right (chances pretty high you won't see him), or knowing he has arrived already and things are still fucked up.

This is invisible text!

MontanaHatchet said:
I really just hate Manus. I don't hate a grudge, but he's just so incredibly vicious. The incredible aggressiveness, the insults, the PMs, it's all just disgusting. You know what? I'm going to report you Manus. I'm sick of your nasty attitude.

I'd be sick of me too, especially when you go out of your way to insult me over the simplest of facts.  I guess if I'm banned you'll no longer feel the need to follow and harass me, and seek to justify your actions with illogical and feeble-minded talking points.  Maybe if I'm gone, you'll have time to educate yourself over the simplest of matters, so that when I come back your arguments wont be as brainlessly deficient as they have been.  Maybe.  If I'm even gone, if I even come back.

No posting of the PM?  I guess after people actually read it rather than just hear about it, it would make your cries of pity even more pathetic.

And did you lose your banning ability?  You've banned me before for a ridiculous reason, not suprisingly related to your persistant harassing of me, which leads me to assume you would make equally erroneous moderating decisions elsewhere.  I invite everyone to go to my profile and view moderations to see why Montana banned me the first time.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1346856