By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO SERIES VS CALL OF DUTY VS KILLZONE SERIES, PICK YOUR WINNER

1. Killzone

2. Any of these: Crysis, Resistance, Call of Duty, Half-Life

5. Halo (don't own any)

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:
That's really a tough choice between Call of Duty and Halo.

AAA: CoD, CoD2, CoD4, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3
AA: CoDWaW, Killzone, Killzone 2
A: CoD3

IMO, so I would give the edge to CoD just because there are more games available. Halo follows super closely and then Killzone with a really big distance.

1. Call of Duty
2. Halo
3. Killzone

Just so you know, KZ 2 is at 90% on gamerankings, whereas WaW is 85% and KZ 1 is at 73%. Call of Duty 2 is actually rated lower than KZ2 (by about 1%)

I know. That IMO belongs to my personal rating.

Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:
Barozi said:
That's really a tough choice between Call of Duty and Halo.

AAA: CoD, CoD2, CoD4, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3
AA: CoDWaW, Killzone, Killzone 2
A: CoD3

IMO, so I would give the edge to CoD just because there are more games available. Halo follows super closely and then Killzone with a really big distance.

1. Call of Duty
2. Halo
3. Killzone

Just so you know, KZ 2 is at 90% on gamerankings, whereas WaW is 85% and KZ 1 is at 73%. Call of Duty 2 is actually rated lower than KZ2 (by about 1%)

I know. That IMO belongs to my personal rating.

AAA is generally taken to be 90+ on GR on meta

Pristine20 said:
Slimebeast said:

lol@thread. What is KZ doing in here?

Lifetime franchise sales:

Call of Duty 50 million copies
Halo 30 million copies

Killzone 2.8 million copies

There's dozens of shooters that should have been included in this match-up instead of KZ.

You should try to enjoy playing games not their sales. The best game is sometimes the one only you seems to have purchased. Doesn't change the fact that the game rocks. One of my friends thinks disgaea 3 is the best ps3 game so far...just check it's sales, if he judged by that before taking the plunge, he would have missed out on his fav game this gen.

You should've simply left kz2 out since you haven't played it instead of condemning a game based on word of mouth/sales and the OP never even included sales as a part of his reasoning

The only reason KillZone is in this thread is because Sony fans have been so vocal about it and is such a strong majority on this site.

KZ is not a natural choice for a top 3 shooter franchises. Apart from Halo and CoD, where is Half-Life, Gears of War, Doom, Quake, Jedi Knight, Battlefield, Bioshock and Unreal Tournament? - all these franchises beat KZ in both sales and reviews.

So fact is, Killzone isn't even in the top 10 when looking at reviews or sales.

Somebody has to bring this up.

If we're talking about console shooters, Battlefield: Bad Company franchise.

Around the Network

-Halo

-Killzone

-call of duty

Dodece said:
Halo has three supreme advantages. The first is that it has a compelling expanded universe which can be expanded to incorporate new concepts. The second is that innovation is at the core of its nature. The third is that it places a high value on balance and variation.

In other words thanks to its universe nothing is forbidden. You can have any weapon, or any tool as long as it is technological in nature. Want a item that makes you jump real high you can have that. Want to run up walls you can do that. Want to have a bomb that uses gravity to lock your opponent in place you can do that. How about a rapid fire mortar with shells that create a wall of fire sure you can even have that. Imagination is the only limit.

Every game in the series seeks to innovate. Every installment in the series sees new weapons, new tools, new modes, new vehicles, and new features. Put simple the series is only going to have more interesting facets as it goes through time. It shouldn't stagnate.

Finally it is all about building on previous balance, and expanding upon it. Bizarre as it may seem Halo is one of the few first person shooters where there is no utterly useless weapons. Granted that you have the skill to use them properly. Every weapon has its trade offs to contend with. As long as they keep the balance and variation going it should suit just about every play style.

In the end Halo can go just about anywhere it wants, and given all the originality each game brings I really want to see what they will come up with next.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Balance is one of the main reasons Halo 2/3 multiplayer is so good.  And one of the reasons I have so much respect for Bungie.  They take play balance extremely seriously.  I have qualms about CoD's unlock system and in match rewards based on kills.

Akvod said:

Seriously?

I thought Bad Company was good, but nothing on CoD4, KZ2 or any Halo. Sure, the destructible environments would have been nice, if they were anywhere near complete, but the awful graphics, the fact you could only carry one weapon, the lack of penalty for dying, the LOOOOOOOOONG walking segments, the annoying voice acting, the moronic story... actually, the destructible environments were the only reason I liked it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Akvod said:

Seriously?

I thought Bad Company was good, but nothing on CoD4, KZ2 or any Halo. Sure, the destructible environments would have been nice, if they were anywhere near complete, but the awful graphics, the fact you could only carry one weapon, the lack of penalty for dying, the LOOOOOOOOONG walking segments, the annoying voice acting, the moronic story... actually, the destructible environments were the only reason I liked it.

At first I though you quoted him, because it's not a franchise (yet)

Still I found Bad Company to be superior to Killzone 2, CoD3 and World at War. Also do I have to remind you that you can also carry only one real gun in KZ2.

I also have no idea why you're talking bad about the graphics. They're beautiful !

http://ps3.pspfreak.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/battlefield-bad-company-20070905104907805.jpg

http://mediang.gameswelt.net/public/images/200805/e3f7a70d7fc6cf002d3fe25a633606cb.jpg

Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Akvod said:

Seriously?

At first I though you quoted him, because it's not a franchise (yet)

Still I found Bad Company to be superior to Killzone 2, CoD3 and World at War. Also do I have to remind you that you can also carry only one real gun in KZ2.

I also have no idea why you're talking bad about the graphics. They're beautiful !

http://ps3.pspfreak.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/battlefield-bad-company-20070905104907805.jpg

http://mediang.gameswelt.net/public/images/200805/e3f7a70d7fc6cf002d3fe25a633606cb.jpg

That's a good point.

You can only carry one primary weapon in Killzone 2, yes, but they don't fill the game with all manner of useless weapons that you can't tell the difference between! Plus, in Killzone 2, you have a pistol, and your grenades are separate from your gun. I just didn't like the way Bad Company handled the genre. I'll admit it tried to be different, but not in a good way, IMO.

Don't tell me the graphics are beautiful. No screenshot can convince me of that, because I've played the game in HD, and it just doesn't compare to the best graphics (KZ2, Uncharted, MGS4), or even the better graphics (CoD4, Arkham Asylum, BioShock), on PS3. It doesn't look bad as such, if it were a PS2 game, it would look phenomenal. But relative to its competition, it's hideous. Even Halo 3 looks better, and it doesn't run in 720p.

EDIT: Saw the screenshot. I don't think that's the game I own, because that's miles better than what I've seen. Or it's excessively touched up, like most screenshots.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective