By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HALO SERIES VS CALL OF DUTY VS KILLZONE SERIES, PICK YOUR WINNER

Kantor said:
Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Akvod said:
If we're talking about console shooters, Battlefield: Bad Company franchise.

Seriously?

I thought Bad Company was good, but nothing on CoD4, KZ2 or any Halo. Sure, the destructible environments would have been nice, if they were anywhere near complete, but the awful graphics, the fact you could only carry one weapon, the lack of penalty for dying, the LOOOOOOOOONG walking segments, the annoying voice acting, the moronic story... actually, the destructible environments were the only reason I liked it.

At first I though you quoted him, because it's not a franchise (yet)

Still I found Bad Company to be superior to Killzone 2, CoD3 and World at War. Also do I have to remind you that you can also carry only one real gun in KZ2.

I also have no idea why you're talking bad about the graphics. They're beautiful !

http://ps3.pspfreak.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/battlefield-bad-company-20070905104907805.jpg

http://mediang.gameswelt.net/public/images/200805/e3f7a70d7fc6cf002d3fe25a633606cb.jpg

That's a good point.

You can only carry one primary weapon in Killzone 2, yes, but they don't fill the game with all manner of useless weapons that you can't tell the difference between! Plus, in Killzone 2, you have a pistol, and your grenades are separate from your gun. I just didn't like the way Bad Company handled the genre. I'll admit it tried to be different, but not in a good way, IMO.

Don't tell me the graphics are beautiful. No screenshot can convince me of that, because I've played the game in HD, and it just doesn't compare to the best graphics (KZ2, Uncharted, MGS4), or even the better graphics (CoD4, Arkham Asylum, BioShock), on PS3. It doesn't look bad as such, if it were a PS2 game, it would look phenomenal. But relative to its competition, it's hideous. Even Halo 3 looks better, and it doesn't run in 720p.

EDIT: Saw the screenshot. I don't think that's the game I own, because that's miles better than what I've seen. Or it's excessively touched up, like most screenshots.

I'll bookmark this post and send you some pictures of Bad Company from my screen as soon as my 360 is fixed.

Don't worry I won't forget it, though it could take some weeks ^^

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Akvod said:
If we're talking about console shooters, Battlefield: Bad Company franchise.

Seriously?

I thought Bad Company was good, but nothing on CoD4, KZ2 or any Halo. Sure, the destructible environments would have been nice, if they were anywhere near complete, but the awful graphics, the fact you could only carry one weapon, the lack of penalty for dying, the LOOOOOOOOONG walking segments, the annoying voice acting, the moronic story... actually, the destructible environments were the only reason I liked it.

At first I though you quoted him, because it's not a franchise (yet)

Still I found Bad Company to be superior to Killzone 2, CoD3 and World at War. Also do I have to remind you that you can also carry only one real gun in KZ2.

I also have no idea why you're talking bad about the graphics. They're beautiful !

http://ps3.pspfreak.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/battlefield-bad-company-20070905104907805.jpg

http://mediang.gameswelt.net/public/images/200805/e3f7a70d7fc6cf002d3fe25a633606cb.jpg

That's a good point.

You can only carry one primary weapon in Killzone 2, yes, but they don't fill the game with all manner of useless weapons that you can't tell the difference between! Plus, in Killzone 2, you have a pistol, and your grenades are separate from your gun. I just didn't like the way Bad Company handled the genre. I'll admit it tried to be different, but not in a good way, IMO.

Don't tell me the graphics are beautiful. No screenshot can convince me of that, because I've played the game in HD, and it just doesn't compare to the best graphics (KZ2, Uncharted, MGS4), or even the better graphics (CoD4, Arkham Asylum, BioShock), on PS3. It doesn't look bad as such, if it were a PS2 game, it would look phenomenal. But relative to its competition, it's hideous. Even Halo 3 looks better, and it doesn't run in 720p.

EDIT: Saw the screenshot. I don't think that's the game I own, because that's miles better than what I've seen. Or it's excessively touched up, like most screenshots.

I'll bookmark this post and send you some pictures of Bad Company from my screen as soon as my 360 is fixed.

Don't worry I won't forget it, though it could take some weeks ^^

There's a possibility I hadn't acknowledged- the PS3 version is seriously gimped.

In which case I hate it anyway.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Halo wins for me, hands down. It's the only one that doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's more fun for it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Killzone 2 - play it all the time online

Halo 1 was pretty good, I fell asleep halfway though Halo 2, I didn't even bother with Halo 3

Call of Duty Modern Warfare series - love it

I won't embed it because it is a little off-topic, but if you are interested about a PS3 vs 360 comparison Kantor:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35183.html

Around the Network

1) call of duty
2) halo

Munkeh111 said:
I won't embed it because it is a little off-topic, but if you are interested about a PS3 vs 360 comparison Kantor:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35183.html

I don't trust GameTrailers' comparisons much after the Wolverine fiasco (the "PS3 version" said "Press A"), but I'll watch that when it's finished loading. Comments seem to suggest it looks slightly better on PS3. Odd.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

To me it did look slightly more foggy on 360...

Halo > Call of Duty

1. Halo
2. Killzone
3. CoD

CoD1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are average games IMO. Resistance owns them all