By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

leo-j said:

Want a sequel? Get a PS3 or 360

Totally agree!

Around the Network

Thread topic = Not shocking.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

psychoBrew said:
rod_poke772000 said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

Then it would not have been developed for the PS3 and 360 either.

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

You have no idea how IW feels, as I don't either. So we can just speculate on their decision to not bring it to the Wii. However, they're expecting it to be the best selling shooter known to man. In that sense, they'd never do PC exclusive.

As for visuals, the PS3 and 360 will provide plenty of power to get the job done.

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.

I find it amazing that you assume that IW's disinterest in the Wii is due to lack of "programming talent." Does HVS lack "programming talent" for not making a PS3/360 version of The Conduit?

Maybe IW want to focus their attention on making a high quality game for HD consoles and PC, and not dilute their talent pool by making a Wii version that would be constitutionally compromised from the get-go just for another million in sales.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't consider the Wii a worthwhile platform.  Shocking, I know.

IW made a Wii engine, and the quality of that engine can be judged.  If they were simply dissinterested in making a quality product, then that says something about the company as well.

Why would IW want to dilute their talent pool by creating a compromised game for the HD consoles?

WRONG !!!!

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

You have no idea how IW feels, as I don't either. So we can just speculate on their decision to not bring it to the Wii. However, they're expecting it to be the best selling shooter known to man. In that sense, they'd never do PC exclusive.

As for visuals, the PS3 and 360 will provide plenty of power to get the job done.

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.

Never said it didn't. But you made this claim that if IW wanted a graphical showpiece, they'd need to do PC exclusive.

ALL of the consoles this generation have proven that to be a subjective statement, not a factual one.

patjuan32 said IW wouldn't bring MW2 to the Wii because they wanted a graphical showcase.  I proved why that argument doesn't work.

Not necessarily. For the kind of game IW wants, the Wii may not provide the kind of power they need. If the HD consoles were the issue, as was being implied, why consider those two as viable platforms for what you're trying to accomplish?

I'm not trying to knock the Wii, but it doesn't provide the kind of tech some developers are looking for.

Sure, but the point is if the devs are willing to sacrifice some of the tech that can be had on the PC, then why wouldn't they be willing to sacrifice some of the tech that can be had on the PS3 and 360?  They could get around any obstacle with a little creativity.  If they really wanted to use the best tech available the game would be a PC exclusive.

There's much more to a game than the technology.

You're preaching to the choir dude, I'm aware of that. Problem is, just because the PC may have unlimited tech doesn't mean it's as viable a platform as the HD consoles. That's my point.

I think you aren't getting that.

I get that, but they could make a viable Wii version with a little effort.  It's as if they don't want the Wii to be a viable platform.

leo-j said:
rgame1 said:
pretty pathetic

1) the COd4 engine is already on Wii
2) COD5 actuially sold well funnily enough
3) they could have made a tidy profict easily to fund the HD counterparts sequal.
4) I bought world at war, I wanted a sequal.

Want a sequel? Get a PS3 or 360

wtf? you being a smart ass or something. I said I wanted a sequal not a console you fool. Plus I like my wiimote controls not crappy dual analogue.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
psychoBrew said:
rod_poke772000 said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I find it amazing that you assume that IW's disinterest in the Wii is due to lack of "programming talent." Does HVS lack "programming talent" for not making a PS3/360 version of The Conduit?

Maybe IW want to focus their attention on making a high quality game for HD consoles and PC, and not dilute their talent pool by making a Wii version that would be constitutionally compromised from the get-go just for another million in sales.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't consider the Wii a worthwhile platform.  Shocking, I know.

IW made a Wii engine, and the quality of that engine can be judged.  If they were simply dissinterested in making a quality product, then that says something about the company as well.

Why would IW want to dilute their talent pool by creating a compromised game for the HD consoles?

WRONG !!!!

Actually you are wrong. Some members of IW did in fact help out Treyarch with porting the CoD4 engine over to the Wii. Of course IW would help port it considering they know much more about their engine than Treyarch ever will.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

CGI-Quality said:
@ psycho

Well, I guess that remains to be seen.

Look at WaW Wii.  That was a viable version.  Yes, it was gimped, and yes, it could have had better graphics.  Both issues could be corrected though.  With a few tweaks, CoD:WaW would not have been gimped at all and it would have sold 2 million copies instead of 1.2.

CoD 3 was seriously gimped, and it sold like it.  CoD 5 was slightly gimped, and it sold like it.  An ungimped version of CoD would sell like a real version.

psychoBrew said:
outlawauron said:
psychoBrew said:

Come on now. This actually made me laugh at work and I got a few stares. Do you seriously believe this?

Have you seen the engine they created for the Wii?  That's what you should be laughing at.

The Conduit is not that impressive in motion and the AI is so bad that I felt a few college kids with spare time could have done a better job.

EDIT: I'm talking about AI at the end obviously.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Crazybone126 said:
Barozi said:
psychoBrew said:

WRONG !!!!

Actually you are wrong. Some members of IW did in fact help out Treyarch with porting the CoD4 engine over to the Wii. Of course IW would help port it considering they know much more about their engine than Treyarch ever will.

So suddenly "some members" represent the whole IW staff ???

Eh, Treyarch ported the engine over so that it could work with the Wii. I'm pretty IW was and is very busy with MW2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.