By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

Hopefully this puts an end to the constant rumors and speculation of (and idle hope for) a Wii version of every big-budget HD title.

Bottom line is, games like Modern Warfare or Resident Evil 5 define themselves in large part by the quality of their graphics/production design and by providing the kind of details (number of enemies on screen, destructible environments, etc.) that only the more powerful consoles can support.

And apparently, for most developers, it's not worth simultaneously creating a lesser version of their games for the Wii, even if it does mean an extra one or two million in sales.

Unless you want another Chop Til You Drop.

Around the Network
rod_poke772000 said:
Hopefully this puts an end to the constant rumors and speculation of (and idle hope for) a Wii version of every big-budget HD title.

Bottom line is, games like Modern Warfare or Resident Evil 5 define themselves in large part by the quality of their graphics/production design and by providing the kind of details (number of enemies on screen, destructible environments, etc.) that only the more powerful consoles can support.

And apparently, for most developers, it's not worth simultaneously creating a lesser version of their games for the Wii, even if it does mean an extra one or two million in sales.

Unless you want another Chop Til You Drop.

Chop Till You Drop Wii was a pathetic atempt at bringing "hardcorez" game to the Wii.  HVS has already proven you can get so many more enemies on screen at one time with the Wii, and the Gamecube had a couple of games with tons of enemies as well.

If I'm going to play an FPS on a console, it's going to be on the Wii due to the controls.  Dual analog has a way of killing the fun so the 360 and PS3 are out, and there are much better FPSs available on the PC so I wouldn't waste my time with MW2 on it.  I'm one sale that Activision won't be getting.

Kenology said:
No. I'm not thinking Epic. I'm talking about Infinity Ward. I know the difference. Thanks.

holy shit did I hurt your feelings with that comment !!!

some people !!

patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

Then it would not have been developed for the PS3 and 360 either.

Good now hopefully because they worked exclusvly for HD consoles the game is not very buggy and works well. Cmon IW make this one good

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I think he is implying it would be exclusively developed for the PC

psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

as far as I know IW had different teams lead each version of COD4...so im guessing they did the same for MW2

so how would they be degrading the HD console versions?

Kenology said:
outlawauron said:
senortaco said:
Barozi said:
Sherlock99 said:

it's not a big deal modern warfare was overrated

sure...

Anyway on topic:

This news doesn't surprise me at all. You might need to take a look on this:

Call of Duty 3 - developed by Treyarch - released on Wii

Call of Duty 4 MW - developed by Infinity Ward - not released on Wii

Call of Duty WaW - devloped by Treyarch - released on Wii

Call of Duty MW2 - under developement by Infinity Ward - no release on Wii

For all those who are dissapointed from that move, here's a thought of mine:

Call of Duty 7 - under devlopement by Treyarch - release on Wii        !!!!!

I wonder why Activision seems to only trust Treyarch with Wii development...

It seems that Infinity Ward just doesn't care about Wii development.

They already said they didn't a while ago.

Yeah, I think so. Even though people may not understand it, not everyone wants to develop for the Wii. The same goes for every available platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

You have no idea how IW feels, as I don't either. So we can just speculate on their decision to not bring it to the Wii. However, they're expecting it to be the best selling shooter known to man. In that sense, they'd never do PC exclusive.

As for visuals, the PS3 and 360 will provide plenty of power to get the job done.

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.