By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

It's really sad, the Wii can sell 100 million and noone will develop for it since it's not HD, yes the reason for CoD not coming to Wii is a hardware problem not a user problem. "Oh shooters don't sell well on Wii" is just PR, what they really mean is Wii isn't powerful enough.

If the Wii was as powerful as the xbox 360, and it wasn't released on Wii, i'd be shocked.

heres hoping Nintendo's next console is somewhat competitive in the graphical department so they aren't ignored by 90% of 3rd parties again.

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
It's really sad, the Wii can sell 100 million and noone will develop for it since it's not HD, yes the reason for CoD not coming to Wii is a hardware problem not a user problem. "Oh shooters don't sell well on Wii" is just PR, what they really mean is Wii isn't powerful enough.

If the Wii was as powerful as the xbox 360, and it wasn't released on Wii, i'd be shocked.

heres hoping Nintendo's next console is somewhat competitive in the graphical department so they aren't ignored by 90% of 3rd parties again.

Indeed!!!! All this turdcorn is in this threads about analog sticks this, or Wiimote that, or "It wouldn't sell" is just sh!t talk, It has alot to do with the difference in the Wii's hardware. Sure you will have developers that simple won't develop for Nintendo systems, and vica versa, but in this case, with what IW wants to do with Modern Warfare, it's simply not something they wanted to do, they didn't want to "port" their vision I guess.

...Personally, and I don't know why, but I think the Wii will get something COD "like" this year from Activision, don't know why, but, with their desire to expand COD beyond the "core audience"... it's a feeling I have. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Simulacrum said:
I dont see reason for it to come Wii.

I can list a couple of good reasons.

1. Wii owners might like to actually own the game too.

2. Activivsion might like the extra profit.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

What's odd is that Activision gave no reasoning of why it shouldn't be on the Wii. They just downright said it in a very nonchalant manner.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.