By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ psycho

Well, I guess that remains to be seen.

Look at WaW Wii.  That was a viable version.  Yes, it was gimped, and yes, it could have had better graphics.  Both issues could be corrected though.  With a few tweaks, CoD:WaW would not have been gimped at all and it would have sold 2 million copies instead of 1.2.

CoD 3 was seriously gimped, and it sold like it.  CoD 5 was slightly gimped, and it sold like it.  An ungimped version of CoD would sell like a real version.

When it comes to the shooter genre though, you can't expect it to sell like the HD consoles on the Wii. The demographic just isn't present for such a feat.

It would still sell enough to be very profitable.

And about the argument that you should have another console if you want the game, my thing is I don't want the game on another console since dual analog ruins the FPS experience for me and I'd rather play Battlefield and other FPSs that are much better than Modern Warfare on the PC.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
psychoBrew said:
outlawauron said:
psychoBrew said:

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.

Come on now. This actually made me laugh at work and I got a few stares. Do you seriously believe this?

Have you seen the engine they created for the Wii?  That's what you should be laughing at.

The Conduit is not that impressive in motion and the AI is so bad that I felt a few college kids with spare time could have done a better job.

EDIT: I'm talking about AI at the end obviously.

The AI is definitely bad, but it's no better in WaW (Wii) and it can be fixed.  You may not like the art direction, but The Conduit is graphically impressive for the Wii.

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ psycho

Well, I guess that remains to be seen.

Look at WaW Wii.  That was a viable version.  Yes, it was gimped, and yes, it could have had better graphics.  Both issues could be corrected though.  With a few tweaks, CoD:WaW would not have been gimped at all and it would have sold 2 million copies instead of 1.2.

CoD 3 was seriously gimped, and it sold like it.  CoD 5 was slightly gimped, and it sold like it.  An ungimped version of CoD would sell like a real version.

When it comes to the shooter genre though, you can't expect it to sell like the HD consoles on the Wii. The demographic just isn't present for such a feat.

It would still sell enough to be very profitable.

And about the argument that you should have another console if you want the game, my thing is I don't want the game on another console since dual analog ruins the FPS experience for me and I'd rather play Battlefield and other FPSs that are much better than Modern Warfare on the PC.

I don't know what to tell you. If you want a game not on your platform, you know what needs to be done to achieve it. It's been that way since the beginning, and that's the way it will remain.

Unless of course, there ends up being a one-platform-only gen. If that happens, I feel for the industry...

What needs to happen is developers need to realize that there is a market for FPSs on the Wii.

One cannot blame a developer for doing what it wants to do. (To be honest, I am surprised that Activision is not MAKING Infinity Ward do a Wii version.)

That being said, if said developer complains that the sales did not top records, then leaving it off any platform would have to be one of the reasons.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

*Shock and awe*

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
One cannot blame a developer for doing what it wants to do. (To be honest, I am surprised that Activision is not MAKING Infinity Ward do a Wii version.)

That being said, if said developer complains that the sales did not top records, then leaving it off any platform would have to be one of the reasons.

Mike from Morgantown

I never understood this argument ""Developers dont want to do it""  I can picture them sitting there with there arms cross ""Sure COD4 engine runs on the Wii, but I dont feeeeeeeeel like it""  like a little spoiled shit.

You all know this is there JOB people.  To make games.  This isn't a bunch of nerds meeting together while sharing KFC (well maybe) this is a million dollar production.  There not freelancers, there not independent there majority of budget comes from publishers.  The conversation should of went.

Activison- Hey wheres the Wii version?

Infinity Ward-  We don't feel like it. 

Activison- Oh thats nice, I'll jut take that franchise off your hands, money and give it too someone who does feel like it.

Honestly I'm going to go to work and tell my boss I dont feel like working...oh wait that did happen to our last three staff.  There not around anymore and the business is doing well.  Concidence?

Dinomax said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

I never understood this argument ""Developers dont want to do it""  I can picture them sitting there with there arms cross ""Sure COD4 engine runs on the Wii, but I dont feeeeeeeeel like it""  like a little spoiled shit.

You all know this is there JOB people.  To make games.  This isn't a bunch of nerds meeting together while sharing KFC (well maybe) this is a million dollar production.  There not freelancers, there not independent there majority of budget comes from publishers.  The conversation should of went.

Activison- Hey wheres the Wii version?

Infinity Ward-  We don't feel like it. 

Activison- Oh thats nice, I'll jut take that franchise off your hands, money and give it too someone who does feel like it.

Honestly I'm going to go to work and tell my boss I dont feel like working...oh wait that did happen to our last three staff.  There not around anymore and the business is doing well.  Concidence?

Developers like Infinity Ward have a lot of power. The real conversation goes something like this:

Activision: Hey, you're making the Wii version?

Infinity Ward: Nope!

Activision: Ok, so hows the spa treatment going for you guys? Did your company cars meet your satisfaction?

Even if Infinity Ward were  200 man studio, they'd make a million per year per person at least on these guys and since there are fewer than 200 guys they'd make more than a million $. 

The studios heart was formed by the Medal of Honour team walking from Electronic Arts, they can easily do it again because they have done it before. So no they wouldn't take the series from Infinity Ward because the series would die without their input and leave a noticeable hole in Activisions bottom line.

Im willing to bet if they hand a tantrum and said 'we don't want to work on the PS3 version nomore' Activision would consider it.

So don't like the Wii, they don't want to make for the Wii, Wii game no get made. Pretty simple stuff really.

Tease.

im glad its not coming to wii , that underpowerd console shouldn't exsist

NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
im glad its not coming to wii , that underpowerd console shouldn't exsist

watch out for teh banhammer sire!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

How is anyone shocked by this? Just look at the game trailers and gameplay shown. This game would literally fry the Wii. There would have to be way to many adjustments and down grades made in order to port this to the Wii. It simply isn't worth doing. If you are a huge shooter fan like myself you likely use an X360 or PS3 for your FPS needs. This just isn't a strong genre for the system and most people know this. The Conduit doesn't seem to be helping change this either looking at the recent NPD sales it looks like it will not make a dent. I was really hoping that game would help pave the way for good shooters on Wii but alas the game is average. :( Any shooter fan will tell you the same I'm sure. The Wii really needs it's own Goldeneye/Halo/Killzone to show what the Wii can bring to the tables.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad