By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

KylieDog said:
Modern Warfare 2 is steps backwards for the series anyway, not missing anything.

I would love to see your reasoning on this. Modern Warfare 2 is adding more action and immersive gameplay then the previous game. On top of that the physics seems to be improved along with an overhoul in the graphics. Infinity Ward knows how to make good shooters.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
KylieDog said:
Modern Warfare 2 is steps backwards for the series anyway, not missing anything.

I would love to see your reasoning on this. Modern Warfare 2 is adding more action and immersive gameplay then the previous game. On top of that the physics seems to be improved along with an overhoul in the graphics. Infinity Ward knows how to make good shooters.

Totally agree, Modern Warefare 2 is looking awesome! Infinity Ward will once again set the bar for FPS's, this will be the biggest game of 2009 and *should* also be one of the highest rated games of all time.

Modern Warfare 2 would have gotten the least amount of sales from the Wii so its not a big loss for Infinity Ward.

Dinomax said:
mike_intellivision said:
One cannot blame a developer for doing what it wants to do. (To be honest, I am surprised that Activision is not MAKING Infinity Ward do a Wii version.)

That being said, if said developer complains that the sales did not top records, then leaving it off any platform would have to be one of the reasons.

Mike from Morgantown

I never understood this argument ""Developers dont want to do it""  I can picture them sitting there with there arms cross ""Sure COD4 engine runs on the Wii, but I dont feeeeeeeeel like it""  like a little spoiled shit.

You all know this is there JOB people.  To make games.  This isn't a bunch of nerds meeting together while sharing KFC (well maybe) this is a million dollar production.  There not freelancers, there not independent there majority of budget comes from publishers.  The conversation should of went.

Activison- Hey wheres the Wii version?

Infinity Ward-  We don't feel like it. 

Activison- Oh thats nice, I'll jut take that franchise off your hands, money and give it too someone who does feel like it.

Honestly I'm going to go to work and tell my boss I dont feel like working...oh wait that did happen to our last three staff.  There not around anymore and the business is doing well.  Concidence?

I've conversed with many professional developers who carry their bias into production, sometimes choosing one console as their only platform only because they dont want to support the other systems. It does happen, sadly.

They would have sold an extra million copies.

Hate the Wii or not, money is money.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:
LordMatrix said:
KylieDog said:

Totally agree, Modern Warefare 2 is looking awesome! Infinity Ward will once again set the bar for FPS's, this will be the biggest game of 2009 and *should* also be one of the highest rated games of all time.

What "should" be the highest rated game of all time is entirely subjective. To me, if it's anything like it's predecessor, I wouldn't even rate it as one of the highest rated games of this gen, let alone of all time. Not a stab at it, just my experience with the first didn't blow me away like other games of this gen have.

That just proves though, it's all opinionated anyway.

Sorry but the majority disagree with you, COD4 got fantastic reviews and is one of the highest rated FPS's of all time, MW2 will build upon that in every way.....

leo-j said:
rgame1 said:
pretty pathetic

1) the COd4 engine is already on Wii
2) COD5 actuially sold well funnily enough
3) they could have made a tidy profict easily to fund the HD counterparts sequal.
4) I bought world at war, I wanted a sequal.

Want a sequel? Get a PS3 or 360

This needs to be quoted again. IW established Modern Warfare on the ps3, x360 and pc. They are providing another game for the already established COD fanbase who will lap this up. There's no need to make this for the Wii.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
leo-j said:
rgame1 said:
pretty pathetic

1) the COd4 engine is already on Wii
2) COD5 actuially sold well funnily enough
3) they could have made a tidy profict easily to fund the HD counterparts sequal.
4) I bought world at war, I wanted a sequal.

Want a sequel? Get a PS3 or 360

This needs to be quoted again. IW established Modern Warfare on the ps3, x360 and pc. They are providing another game for the already established COD fanbase who will lap this up. There's no need to make this for the Wii.

leo did not mention the PC. So this was just try the old "buy the HD systems" crap, not to argue that the games were established there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@Lord: Most people here seem adverse to PC gaming and unfairly remove it from the equation. When I see PS3/360 i kind of just add in PC as well without really thinking. Leaving it out where it's applicable is complete rubbish from my perspective, and it seems you are right and I didn't catch that.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:
CGI-Quality said:
FKNetwork said:
LordMatrix said:
KylieDog said:

What "should" be the highest rated game of all time is entirely subjective. To me, if it's anything like it's predecessor, I wouldn't even rate it as one of the highest rated games of this gen, let alone of all time. Not a stab at it, just my experience with the first didn't blow me away like other games of this gen have.

That just proves though, it's all opinionated anyway.

Sorry but the majority disagree with you, COD4 got fantastic reviews and is one of the highest rated FPS's of all time, MW2 will build upon that in every way.....

The majority of who? There are people who disagree AND agree with me, so my point is correct. It's an opinion, not a fact.

Game reviews, all the awards the game won (over 40!), metacritic average, sales figures, user ratings and comments, list goes on....