By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 officially not heading to Wii

AnarchyWest said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

Then it would not have been developed for the PS3 and 360 either.

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

as far as I know IW had different teams lead each version of COD4...so im guessing they did the same for MW2

so how would they be degrading the HD console versions?

Seriously, read the entire argument.

Around the Network
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

I don't follow. So are you saying MW2 will NOT look good, or be a graphical showpiece on the HD consoles? And tell us, what is YOUR definition of graphical showpiece?

I'm saying if IW really wanted MW2 to be a graphical showpiece, it would have been a PC only title.  Since IW was willing to degrade the graphics to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, they would have been willing to degrade them a little more to bring the title to the Wii.  The graphics argument just doesn't work here.

You have no idea how IW feels, as I don't either. So we can just speculate on their decision to not bring it to the Wii. However, they're expecting it to be the best selling shooter known to man. In that sense, they'd never do PC exclusive.

As for visuals, the PS3 and 360 will provide plenty of power to get the job done.

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.

Come on now. This actually made me laugh at work and I got a few stares. Do you seriously believe this?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

You have no idea how IW feels, as I don't either. So we can just speculate on their decision to not bring it to the Wii. However, they're expecting it to be the best selling shooter known to man. In that sense, they'd never do PC exclusive.

As for visuals, the PS3 and 360 will provide plenty of power to get the job done.

The Wii actually has enough power to get the job done.  The Conduit proves that (and The Grinder will have a destructable environment, so that's possible too).

And that 1 to 2 million sales it could have had on the Wii would have helped it become the best selling FPS known to man.  WaW was outselling MW1 (given the number of weeks the games had been selling) due to the Wii version.  I don't know if that's still true or not, but the Wii version of WaW certainly had an impact.

As I already said, I find it amazing that a little known company named HVS has so much more programming talent than IW.

Never said it didn't. But you made this claim that if IW wanted a graphical showpiece, they'd need to do PC exclusive.

ALL of the consoles this generation have proven that to be a subjective statement, not a factual one.

patjuan32 said IW wouldn't bring MW2 to the Wii because they wanted a graphical showcase.  I proved why that argument doesn't work.

outlawauron said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

Come on now. This actually made me laugh at work and I got a few stares. Do you seriously believe this?

Have you seen the engine they created for the Wii?  That's what you should be laughing at.

psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I find it amazing that you assume that IW's disinterest in the Wii is due to lack of "programming talent." Does HVS lack "programming talent" for not making a PS3/360 version of The Conduit?

Maybe IW want to focus their attention on making a high quality game for HD consoles and PC, and not dilute their talent pool by making a Wii version that would be constitutionally compromised from the get-go just for another million in sales.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't consider the Wii a worthwhile platform.  Shocking, I know.

Around the Network

i'm really sad. mw2 is not coming to wii, the sales of the conduit is really pathetic. us wii owners game time on the wii does not look so bright. big games not coming to wii is going to haunt nintendo years after years. they will struggle more than anyone is anticipating.

i blame nintendo 100% for this. i know a lot of u will say 3rd parties should also take initiative, but hadn't nintendo pushed casual stuff so much, did some really well know core titles, bring back old well known titles, pushed 3rd parties more, it would've been a different situtation.

because of this ppl who buy games moved on to other consoles, leaving wii their very last choice, thus games dont sell quickly, publishers finds another excuse not to put any effort. most of the core titles sold poorly on wii, even if some of them reached 1m, it took so long that even if the sells r +ve, the mindset of the publishers r -ve. at the end wii ends up getting fitness games, that sells much much quicker.

*sigh* i'm really sad thinking of missing opportunities for the wii coming in the future. i'm starting to get mad little by little at nintendo.

Good stuff, no need for a Wii version of a game like this, what's the point in a cut down version? get a hd console and enjoy games like this in their full glory, simples!

CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

Never said it didn't. But you made this claim that if IW wanted a graphical showpiece, they'd need to do PC exclusive.

ALL of the consoles this generation have proven that to be a subjective statement, not a factual one.

patjuan32 said IW wouldn't bring MW2 to the Wii because they wanted a graphical showcase.  I proved why that argument doesn't work.

Not necessarily. For the kind of game IW wants, the Wii may not provide the kind of power they need. If the HD consoles were the issue, as was being implied, why consider those two as viable platforms for what you're trying to accomplish?

I'm not trying to knock the Wii, but it doesn't provide the kind of tech some developers are looking for.

Sure, but the point is if the devs are willing to sacrifice some of the tech that can be had on the PC, then why wouldn't they be willing to sacrifice some of the tech that can be had on the PS3 and 360?  They could get around any obstacle with a little creativity.  If they really wanted to use the best tech available the game would be a PC exclusive.

There's much more to a game than the technology.

I'm kinda glad that MW2 isn't coming to Wii. It makes it that much easier for me to decide to get it for PS3 only (sorry don't have a 360 or I would get it for that).

It also will give The Conduit a chance to sell better since it won't have any competition most likely for at least a year.

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

rod_poke772000 said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
CGI-Quality said:
psychoBrew said:
patjuan32 said:
@ Kenology,

I find it amazing that you assume that IW's disinterest in the Wii is due to lack of "programming talent." Does HVS lack "programming talent" for not making a PS3/360 version of The Conduit?

Maybe IW want to focus their attention on making a high quality game for HD consoles and PC, and not dilute their talent pool by making a Wii version that would be constitutionally compromised from the get-go just for another million in sales.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't consider the Wii a worthwhile platform.  Shocking, I know.

IW made a Wii engine, and the quality of that engine can be judged.  If they were simply dissinterested in making a quality product, then that says something about the company as well.

Why would IW want to dilute their talent pool by creating a compromised game for the HD consoles?