sure...

Anyway on topic:

This news doesn't surprise me at all. You might need to take a look on this:

Call of Duty 3 - developed by Treyarch - released on Wii

Call of Duty 4 MW - developed by Infinity Ward - not released on Wii

Call of Duty WaW - devloped by Treyarch - released on Wii

Call of Duty MW2 - under developement by Infinity Ward - no release on Wii

For all those who are dissapointed from that move, here's a thought of mine:

Call of Duty 7 - under devlopement by Treyarch - release on Wii        !!!!!

I wonder why Activision seems to only trust Treyarch with Wii development...

It seems that Infinity Ward just doesn't care about Wii development.

They already said they didn't a while ago.

As I said before, can you link me to this?  I've never found a quote by IW with negative connotations towards Wii.  I've spoken to several employees at IW and they all like the Wii a lot and don't have any qualms working on Wii either.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

^ I actually just tried to find a link for this and I couldn't. I'll look harder. But I remember something about IW not wanting to develop for the Wii.

Kenology said:
^ I actually just tried to find a link for this and I couldn't. I'll look harder. But I remember something about IW not wanting to develop for the Wii.

you're thinking Epic with their 2 months quote.

No. I'm not thinking Epic. I'm talking about Infinity Ward. I know the difference. Thanks.

Ken, I've looked for negative quotes from IW in the past and could never come up with anything other than forum posters just saying IW doesn't like Wii.

I'm guessing that IW never said anything negative about Wii but when MW came out and no Wii SKU was developed people just assumed IW didn't like Wii and it's now caught on as though IW had actually said something. Yet as I said before I've spoken with some of the guys at IW and they hold no ill will against Wii and wouldn't mind working on it.

Keep looking though, perhaps one employee did say something negative and it's just hard to find.

Around the Network

I distinctly remember a story in regards to IW saying they wouldn't develop for Wii. It wasn't negative, they didn't trash the Wii... they just said they didn't have plans/interest to develop for it. It was sometime before the CoD4 launch. I can't find it though.

Now that Modern Warfare 2 is not coming to the Wii, I can't think of a single Activision game that I would buy.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Kenology said:

I distinctly remember a story in regards to IW saying they wouldn't develop for Wii. It wasn't negative, they didn't trash the Wii... they just said they didn't have plans/interest to develop for it. It was sometime before the CoD4 launch. I can't find it though.

That I recall but it was in regards of their MW game egnine not being ready in time to put the game itself on Wii. 

Why would they work to build a game engine for a console they don't intend to support?

I didn't know it was because the engine wasn't done. We know that engine was eventually completed and didn't go to waste because Treyarch used it. So I'm still scratching my noggin as to why no MW2 for Wii then if it's not attributed to their lack of interest in developing it.

@ Kenology,

I'm guessing that Infinity Ward wanted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be a graphical show piece.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba