Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

i need a michael jackson gif, so dont go cancelling them just yet

Around the Network

Mine are cool!

do you liek?

Squilliam said:
TheThunder said:
Squilliam said:
I hate those gifs, they aren't cool, they aren't impressive all they really do for me is spoil the look and feel of games im anticipating. If I really want to play a game I want to preserve that virgin feeling of knowing nothing about what the games like and knowing nothing about how the games played.

so you love them virgins

I take them a half dozen at a time!

So they won't have any terms of comparison, uh? :)

Anyway, back to OP: I don't like cutting the sigs entirely because I like seeing the bet terms, the PSN/XBL ids or friend codes, even the links to users' websites. But yeah, I despise most animated gifs too.

Maybe the devs could give us a third option that strips the signaturess of gifs - or all pictures - replacing them with the proper Alt values? It would still be a boon for low-bandwidth users, but retain the cheap textual informations.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Squilliam said:
TheThunder said:
Squilliam said:
I hate those gifs, they aren't cool, they aren't impressive all they really do for me is spoil the look and feel of games im anticipating. If I really want to play a game I want to preserve that virgin feeling of knowing nothing about what the games like and knowing nothing about how the games played.

so you love them virgins

I take them a half dozen at a time!

just when you think that Captain Kirk was too awesome

here put that in your sig

Around the Network
EL_PATRAS said:
i need a michael jackson gif, so dont go cancelling them just yet

hide the sigs if you don't want to see them (under edit profile), or if you think it classifies as a spoiler, then just report them and explain what your problem is and a mod will deal with it how they see fit.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

not to mention how distracting they can be. I could see it being removed

Thats stupid... every site allows gifs for signatures, and removing them would be an idiot decission. If you dont like spoilers keep off from gaming sites and forums... its simple as that my friend ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Can people stop posting game covers as their avatars? I don't like to see game covers until I buy them. I like to be surprised. ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence