By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

I purposely hold out from watching previews on God of War III. It's one of my most anticipated titles and don't want to ruin/spoil it by wat ching the videos.

Already Ive seen people here with gifs in there signatures showing Kratos ripping a head off, and during a boss battle. THESE ARE SPOILERS. This is no different than someone having a spoiler written in their signature.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

You do know that you have the option of hiding sigs, right?

I hate those gifs, they aren't cool, they aren't impressive all they really do for me is spoil the look and feel of games im anticipating. If I really want to play a game I want to preserve that virgin feeling of knowing nothing about what the games like and knowing nothing about how the games played.

Tease.

i like that No More Heroes sig with a beamer the most

izaaz101 said:

B-But what if he wants to see Sonic in space?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
infamous8 said:

I purposely hold out from watching previews on God of War III. It's one of my most anticipated titles and don't want to ruin/spoil it by wat ching the videos.

Already Ive seen people here with gifs in there signatures showing Kratos ripping a head off, and during a boss battle. THESE ARE SPOILERS. This is no different than someone having a spoiler written in their signature.

Totally agree. I won't name names, but I really hate those people!

SHMUPGurus said:
izaaz101 said:

B-But what if he wants to see Sonic in space?

I am not amused.

Im going to make an Infamous spoiler to send a message about what I mean.

The big bad boss guy is actually your dog you had when you were growing up turned into a human with the power of the device. See now its spoiled. A gif is essentially a visually spoiler, I hate it when people masturbate over the low quality spoilers. Besides that it gets really old seeing it 20-30 times. I got bored of KZ2 because I felt like all the most impressive bits had been shown to me. Gifs made Killzone 2 look average to me. It made it look like some low budget game thats thrown out by any old developer.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I hate those gifs, they aren't cool, they aren't impressive all they really do for me is spoil the look and feel of games im anticipating. If I really want to play a game I want to preserve that virgin feeling of knowing nothing about what the games like and knowing nothing about how the games played.

so you love them virgins

TheThunder said:
Squilliam said:

so you love them virgins

I take them a half dozen at a time!

Tease.