By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

You can choose to not watch anything at all but that doesn't stop things like trailers from being common knowledge. 

Think of it like movies.  Go to a site like IMDB and they have those ads that automatically play previews for movies whether you click play or not.  Those are not spoilers because they are just trailers and still something you really don't have much control over.

Twesterm, why don't you go ahead and define "common knowledge" for me?

But I thought that was common knowledge?

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Can anyone tell me how i can add a gif to my sig? It will be much appreciated.
  1. Go into edit profile
  2. Click the very bottom text box where the sig editor is
  3. Press Alt+F4 to bring up the image editor/inserter thing
  4. copy your gif's link

twesterm said:
Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

You can choose to not watch anything at all but that doesn't stop things like trailers from being common knowledge. 

Think of it like movies.  Go to a site like IMDB and they have those ads that automatically play previews for movies whether you click play or not.  Those are not spoilers because they are just trailers and still something you really don't have much control over.

Well, kudos, I do appreciate definition by context. Well-played.

But if we take "common knowledge" to mean that pretty much everyone knows about this, trailers are not common knowledge - and ten minute gameplay montages involving a boss battle that people may avoid specifically because of the spoilers are certainly not common knowledge.

twesterm said:
Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

I akmost laughed......... Almost.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

You can Hide Sigs in forms near the bottom of edit profile.

Around the Network

every time i see this thread title i think for a split second it says "Girls", cos im used to seeing the word spelled GIF.

i wouldnt know how to put a gif in my sig anyway ¬_¬ lol.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

I do get tired of most peoples animated mess. Problem is some (very few) have hilarious animated master pieces. I just have to manually block some peoples images that really annoy me.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

just hide them

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

http://i42.tinypic.com/wl65n8.gif

Theres another gif-spoiler in someones Sig. What if I never got to that part in RE 5 yet? That wouldve spoiled the most important twist near the end of the game.

Moderation take notice. And "just hide them" isnt a good response. We shouldnt have to hide everyones sigs just because a couple people are putting in spoiler gifs.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/wl65n8.gif

Theres another gif-spoiler in someones Sig. What if I never got to that part in RE 5 yet? That wouldve spoiled the most important twist near the end of the game.

Moderation take notice. And "just hide them" isnt a good response. We shouldnt have to hide everyones sigs just because a couple people are putting in spoiler gifs.

well, we shouldn't ban gifs, because one person is complaining.