By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

nordlead said:
Games4Fun said:
infamous8 said:
Games4Fun said:
This site is full of spoilers. I do not understand your complaint.

Spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked to have spoilers, are against the rules. What don't you understand about that?

Well, lets see. All gameing sites have trailers. All of them have articles with pictures and infromation on games. Now, if I was to sit here and say word for word everything that happens in a game, I would completely understand where you are comeing from. But, I do not see a 10-20second clip ruining a whole game for anyone. What I do not get is why go to any gameing site at all if you are that worried. That is what Ido not understand.

Yes, I know that rule.

Yes, I agree with you, however I also think KyleDogs sig could be considered a spoiler if it truely is a major plot event. I don't really have a problem with the Kratos one from God of War beacuse it was from a trailer that was released. Well, I do have a problem with it since I think it is out right disgusting, but that is another story.

Hm Well, I can see if it is a Majior plot event. That would indeed suck to know before hand.

Around the Network
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@TheThunder
speaking of gifs, why the hell is kratos attacking a titan in your sig ???

I had to take down mine.

KyleDogs sig is indeed a MAJOR spoiler in Resident Evil 5...and his sig needs to be changed.

The god of war 3 sig AFAIK isn't from a TRAILER, its from gameplay footage and reveals what will obviously be a spoiler.

Either way, even if it is from a trailer... many ppl purposely avoid watching trailers before a game is released because they don't want to see spoilers...

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

The only sig what pisses me off is the one with the squirells.

Makes me page run slow whenever hes on it.

All the God of War 3 sig shows is Kratos ripping off a god's head. If you are so clueless about the game to not realize that was going to happen at some point then wouldn't your sig with Cole having electricity powers be a spoiler.

It isn't because everyone who knows anything about inFamous knows that he has electricity power, just like everyone who knows anything about God of War knows he is going to kill gods in brutal ways.

Around the Network

AND the guy with Don Mattrick in his sig... i also hate that one.

Noctis Nox... i think.

Grrr

Torillian said:
 everyone who knows anything about God of War knows he is going to kill gods in brutal ways.

We dont need to have it spoiled as to HOW he is going to kill them though.

If I wanted to see that, I wouldve watched the video myself. Instead we're all forced to see it because someone has it in their sig.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

twesterm said:
I agree with you on the no gifs in signatures but don't agree with you on the spoiler bit.

I don't mind small gifs, whatever, but I hate the people that either have the huge animated gifs or a bunch of animated gifs. It's just annoying.

As for the spoilers, it's a trailer so there's no point in complaining there.

Hey, I'm planning on making an animated sig featuring my favorite games with flashing titles and crap. DONT WRECK MY PLANS!!!! ='[

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
I agree with you on the no gifs in signatures but don't agree with you on the spoiler bit.

I don't mind small gifs, whatever, but I hate the people that either have the huge animated gifs or a bunch of animated gifs. It's just annoying.

As for the spoilers, it's a trailer so there's no point in complaining there.

Hey, I'm planning on making an animated sig featuring my favorite games with flashing titles and crap. DONT WRECK MY PLANS!!!! ='[

I dont care....

I shouldve specified in my OP....Gifs that CONTAIN SPOILERS should be banned. And gifs that show boss battles for games that havent been released yet, gifs that show how a character is killing bosses, gifs that reveal plot twists, etc... should all be banned.

Carl2291 said:
The only sig what pisses me off is the one with the squirells.

Makes me page run slow whenever hes on it.

lol.... its like an advanced warning that he's posted, when your page takes ages to load

those squirrels are so cute tho.. <3

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.