By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

KylieDog said:
infamous8 said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/wl65n8.gif

Theres another gif-spoiler in someones Sig. What if I never got to that part in RE 5 yet? That wouldve spoiled the most important twist near the end of the game.

Moderation take notice. And "just hide them" isnt a good response. We shouldnt have to hide everyones sigs just because a couple people are putting in spoiler gifs.

My signature reveals nothing of the plot in RE5.

Even if it was anyone who cares about plot in RE5 would have played it by now, the game is 4 months old.

Eh, me and my brother will be playing it soon.

But there's no statute of limitations on this stuff.

Around the Network

Also when it comes to gif's being in sigs these make the browser i am using lock up until they are loaded (annoyingly) so i would agree with them being removed from sigs!

That's Jill? Huh. She sure does look different.

Khuutra said:

Are you so sure?

Forum rules:

No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them. One year is the cutoff under which a 'spoiler' becomes 'general information', which can be discussed in any thread at any time.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Khuutra said:

Are you so sure?

Forum rules:

No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them. One year is the cutoff under which a 'spoiler' becomes 'general information', which can be discussed in any thread at any time.

I stand corrected. But this would make Kylie's gif bad.

Around the Network

It is a spoiler.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

infamous8 said:
It is a spoiler.

quit whining please. just turn off sigs and be done.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
infamous8 said:
It is a spoiler.

Not appropriate to tell a person not to "whine" over someone breaking the rules.

Infamous, just report it formally and a mod will handle it.

Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:
infamous8 said:
It is a spoiler.

Not appropriate to tell a person not to "whine" over someone breaking the rules.

no body is breaking the rules. I'd understand if someone put a gif of a final boss fight for a game released last week but no one has. Everything is freely on the net for the gif animations.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Khuutra said:
ssj12 said:
infamous8 said:
It is a spoiler.

no body is breaking the rules. I'd understand if someone put a gif of a final boss fight for a game released last week but no one has. Everything is freely on the net for the gif animations.

I'm not citing specific examples here. I'm saying that the proper thing to do is encourage him to report it so that a mod can pass judgment formally and the whole thing will be resolved thusly. After all:

The rules say:

And there you go. I mean, just put it in the system, let the people in charge pass judgment.