By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

dsister44 said:
infamous8 said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/wl65n8.gif

Theres another gif-spoiler in someones Sig. What if I never got to that part in RE 5 yet? That wouldve spoiled the most important twist near the end of the game.

Moderation take notice. And "just hide them" isnt a good response. We shouldnt have to hide everyones sigs just because a couple people are putting in spoiler gifs.

well, we shouldn't ban gifs, because one person is complaining.

We should ban gifs that contain spoilers.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Yup, just like cover art as avatars... Now I know what the enemies look like in Killzone 2.. ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
infamous8 said:
dsister44 said:
infamous8 said:

Theres another gif-spoiler in someones Sig. What if I never got to that part in RE 5 yet? That wouldve spoiled the most important twist near the end of the game.

Moderation take notice. And "just hide them" isnt a good response. We shouldnt have to hide everyones sigs just because a couple people are putting in spoiler gifs.

well, we shouldn't ban gifs, because one person is complaining.

We should ban gifs that contain spoilers.

We should prohibit spoilers (which is already covered in the forum rules) and ban people who break the forum rules.

pbroy said:
Yup, just like cover art as avatars... Now I know what the enemies look like in Killzone 2.. ¬_¬

You are not funny. This is a serious matter.

Where's is the integrity of this forums moderators? Why are spoilers blatantly being allowed in posters signatures?

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Forum Rules - No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them. One year is the cutoff under which a 'spoiler' becomes 'general information', which can be discussed in any thread at any time.

If you think a sig is a spoiler, report it. I think I already typed that within the first 25 responses to this thread. It is rather simple. Personally, I don't pay much attention to peoples GIFs and typically just block them.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

This site is full of spoilers. I do not understand your complaint.

nordlead... here is KylieDog's signature...

It's from Resident Evil 5 which has not been out for anywhere close to one year. It spoils the biggest twist in the story that isnt revealed until the last part of the game.

Games4Fun said:

Spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked to have spoilers, are against the rules. What don't you understand about that?

infamous8 said:
Games4Fun said:

Spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked to have spoilers, are against the rules. What don't you understand about that?

Well, lets see. All gameing sites have trailers. All of them have articles with pictures and infromation on games. Now, if I was to sit here and say word for word everything that happens in a game, I would completely understand where you are comeing from. But, I do not see a 10-20second clip ruining a whole game for anyone. What I do not get is why go to any gameing site at all if you are that worried. That is what Ido not understand.

Yes, I know that rule.

Games4Fun said:
infamous8 said:
Games4Fun said:

Well, lets see. All gameing sites have trailers. All of them have articles with pictures and infromation on games. Now, if I was to sit here and say word for word everything that happens in a game, I would completely understand where you are comeing from. But, I do not see a 10-20second clip ruining a whole game for anyone. What I do not get is why go to any gameing site at all if you are that worried. That is what Ido not understand.

Yes, I know that rule.

Yes, I agree with you, however I also think KyleDogs sig could be considered a spoiler if it truely is a major plot event. I don't really have a problem with the Kratos one from God of War beacuse it was from a trailer that was released. Well, I do have a problem with it since I think it is out right disgusting, but that is another story.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)