By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Stop allowing Gifs in signatures

Signatures are mostly annoying. All they do is slow down page loading times.

I personally would like an option to disable images/flash in signatures.

Around the Network

Hey my gif isn't a spoiler...

No, yours is actually pretty funny.

I agree with you on the no gifs in signatures but don't agree with you on the spoiler bit.

I don't mind small gifs, whatever, but I hate the people that either have the huge animated gifs or a bunch of animated gifs. It's just annoying.

As for the spoilers, it's a trailer so there's no point in complaining there.

Kantor said:
It's not a spoiler. It's in a trailer. Thus, it's common knowledge.

And why would you want to ban all gifs? What if somebody wants to post a gif of Mario break dancing? Is that a Super Mario Galaxy 2 spoiler? What if somebody wants a Killzone 2 gif? Is that a spoiler?

Not really. When I'm anticipating a game, I tend to go on a media blackout altogether. There is no such thing as "common knowledge", because not everyone watches trailers.

@WoW:

I thought it worth turning off sigs altogether. That's one of my favorite features this forum has.

Around the Network

It is annoying for those of us that have dial-up

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
It's not a spoiler. It's in a trailer. Thus, it's common knowledge.

And why would you want to ban all gifs? What if somebody wants to post a gif of Mario break dancing? Is that a Super Mario Galaxy 2 spoiler? What if somebody wants a Killzone 2 gif? Is that a spoiler?

Not really. When I'm anticipating a game, I tend to go on a media blackout altogether. There is no such thing as "common knowledge", because not everyone watches trailers.

@WoW:

I thought it worth turning off sigs altogether. That's one of my favorite features this forum has.

You can choose to not watch anything at all but that doesn't stop things like trailers from being common knowledge. 

Think of it like movies.  Go to a site like IMDB and they have those ads that automatically play previews for movies whether you click play or not.  Those are not spoilers because they are just trailers and still something you really don't have much control over.

twesterm said:

You can choose to not watch anything at all but that doesn't stop things like trailers from being common knowledge. 

Think of it like movies.  Go to a site like IMDB and they have those ads that automatically play previews for movies whether you click play or not.  Those are not spoilers because they are just trailers and still something you really don't have much control over.

Twesterm, why don't you go ahead and define "common knowledge" for me?

Can anyone tell me how i can add a gif to my sig? It will be much appreciated.

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:

Twesterm, why don't you go ahead and define "common knowledge" for me?

You just spoiled Up for me.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)