By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you buy "hardcore" Wii games because you actually want them?

Of course I buy them because I want them, I'm not gonna waste my money on stuff I don't actually want. :p Games like MAdworld just don't interest me, so I don't buy them. I want quality games that appeal to me. I won't buy them just to 'support' 3rd party developers. If they make a great game, sure, but if they make a medicre game that doesn't interest me, I won't support that by buying it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I used to... near the beginning. And still continued, bought games like Sonic and the Black Knight which I wound up selling.

But I don't anymore. I'll only buy games that I actually want. And, really, that means I'll still be buying a majority of the games that would be bought just to support them (Oboro Muramasa, Little King's Story, etc.)

Snesboy said:
I bought No More Heroes because I was sold by the first trailer. I needed that game.

I got The Conduit because the story looked good (yes, hate me, I like "generic" stories) and I am starved for an FPS for Wii that doesn't suck.

MadWorld, I didn't really want it, but I acted like I did not to betray my fellow Wii brethren. So I acted like I wanted it.

Never interested in de Blob.

I posted a bunch of Zack & Wiki propaganda when I first joined. "BUY ZACK & WIKI OR GBALLZACK WILL RAPE YOUR SOUL" was my sig. There were a lot less rules before Naznatips became a mod. I never actually bought the game.

There is tons of lulz in this post.

I didn' care about Zack and Wiki and I still bought it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I stopped buying games to 'do my part' with the PS1. After that, I'll only buy games I want. I will not pay for something I do not want or care about.

I only buy hte ones that I want, I don't wanna buy a game I know I won't like, just to support it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Snesboy said:
I bought No More Heroes because I was sold by the first trailer. I needed that game.

I got The Conduit because the story looked good (yes, hate me, I like "generic" stories) and I am starved for an FPS for Wii that doesn't suck.

MadWorld, I didn't really want it, but I acted like I did not to betray my fellow Wii brethren. So I acted like I wanted it.

Never interested in de Blob.

I posted a bunch of Zack & Wiki propaganda when I first joined. "BUY ZACK & WIKI OR GBALLZACK WILL RAPE YOUR SOUL" was my sig. There were a lot less rules before Naznatips became a mod. I never actually bought the game.

There is tons of lulz in this post.

I didn' care about Zack and Wiki and I still bought it.

I knew someone would remember!

I was much more interested in Guitar Hero III at the time instead of some point-and-click adventure XD

It has never even come up in my mind to buy games that I don't want.

I also don't buy clothes that don't want to wear or food that don't want to eat, just like I also don't date girls that I'm not attracted to. etc. etc.

''Hadouken!''

- I wouldn't buy a game I know I wouldn't like. I guess the question is now, would you be more inclined to buy a core 3rd party game that has reviewed ok and you think you might like it? I am sure I am not alone that it's not just what the game is, but also what the game means to the host console that affects the purchase decision...

Ajax said:

It has never even come up in my mind to buy games that I don't want.

I also don't buy clothes that don't want to wear or food that don't want to eat, just like I also don't date girls that I'm not attracted to. etc. etc.

you may have misunderstood. there is no way i would buy a game I knew I wouldn't like. I am more inclined to buy The Conduit because of what it's success  would mean to future 3rd party FPS on Wii - a genre I like and want to see more support of

I would not really go by mag's/site reviews. However, If it is a type of game I was interested in, but was not sure of. I would see if my friends had it, or people on here and what they thought.