By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you buy "hardcore" Wii games because you actually want them?

I was going to buy the Conduit but then I didn't due to a number of disappointing revelations... so I guess the answer is yes.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I never bought a game which i did not want, i wanted No More Heroes, MadWorld and House of the Dead because i wanted them, and they are great titles!

de Blob and Deadly Creatures were my only 'support' games that i didnt like much. But for thr most part, i buy games i want to play.

Yeah I've done that before. When the wii was first released I did that a couple of times but now theres so many good games coming I could only afford to buy the ones I really want. Yes I did buy the conduit. the campaign is a bit generic but the onlline multiplayer is awsome and the graphics are easily some of the best I've seen on wii.

Wichdog69

jake_the_fake1 said:
if your buying them only to do your "bit", but at the end of the day don't like the game, then YES it's WRONG!!!!

Just remember, the point of games is to have fun and enjoy it regardless of the console....simple as that.

I probably didn't make it clear that I'm not buying games I know i won't like. Especially in the case of No More Heroes I bought it because I wanted it to be good, thought I'd like it and yes, wanted to support a game which was clearly made with a passion.

Shame I thought it was dull, but that won't necessarily stop me getting NMH2

Around the Network

The closest i ever came to doing that was with The Conduit, but even then it was a game i still kinda wanted, since i rarely indulge in the FPS, and even then i'm totally satisfied with my purchase.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Faxanadu said:
Dazkarieh said:
Faxanadu said:
I did not buy NMH, deBlob,

But but but... everybody should want these games...

Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? NMH sounds like a half baked effort which cost like 60 Euros around here.

On deBlob, I trust my Australian friends opinion.

No More Heroes is not a half baked effort. We can put in two perspectives:

- Yes, it isn't a multi million project and definitely isn't perfect.

- It's my second favourite game this gen, even with those problems. And I'm not saying this to appreciate the effort of a small dev. It's really awesome, ironic, lot's of fun and a thruth AAA title.

Of course, if you don't like the genre...

de Blob... ok... I can give you that. At the moment I have 120 gameplay hours between single and multiplayer (my friends prefer it to SSBB, Mario Kart or Boom Blox). I love it... but it's not even near the awesomeness of NMH.

Ohh... and in Europe you can buy NMH for £15 easily. I think in the US must be the same.

Sorry the offtopic ;)

The only two games that might fit that category would be de Blob and The Conduit. I ended up loving both games, so let's just say it's a bit 50-50. :P

The BuShA owns all!

I bought No More Heroes because I was sold by the first trailer. I needed that game.

I got The Conduit because the story looked good (yes, hate me, I like "generic" stories) and I am starved for an FPS for Wii that doesn't suck.

MadWorld, I didn't really want it, but I acted like I did not to betray my fellow Wii brethren. So I acted like I wanted it.

Never interested in de Blob.

I posted a bunch of Zack & Wiki propaganda when I first joined. "BUY ZACK & WIKI OR GBALLZACK WILL RAPE YOUR SOUL" was my sig. There were a lot less rules before Naznatips became a mod. I never actually bought the game.

Arc Rise Fantasia looks pretty good.

And FFCC: The Crystal Bearers. I am starved for a good Wii RPG. Especially a Japanese one.

Red Steel 2 looks awesome. But only because I want to see if UbiSoft Paris follows through with all their promises. I don't trust reviews. The only reviews I ever trusted were from EGM and they don't exist. 1UP doesn't have the same reviewers anymore and their reviews have been really crappy as of late. Just look at their Conduit review.

I only buy games I think I will enjoy. Why would I purposely support a game I have no interest in? If I end up not liking a game. I will give them to one of my cousins in case they do.