By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you buy "hardcore" Wii games because you actually want them?

EssosDeeos said:
thekitchensink said:
I did it the first time with Zack and Wiki, but really, if I didn't want them why would I care if they kept being made?

but don't most "fans" care? There was such a moan when 3rd parties didn't sell well on GC.

I think the majority of any console owners just buy things they want.

I am probably not going to buy Madworld, or Super Smash Bros. or that random Gladiator game just to support "hardcore" games.

I will be buying The Conduit because it is one of few FPS that actually looks like fun in the past few years..... and probably the only one that looks like fun on the Wii.

Around the Network

I 'did my part' with deadly creatures and de blob, but i'm not doing that again. It made no difference. Just buy what you really feel like playing, you can't save the world.

TWRoO said:
EssosDeeos said:
thekitchensink said:

I am probably not going to buy... Super Smash Bros.

Blasphemy! 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I did not buy NMH, deBlob, Madworld, nor will I buy the Conduit.

I did buy Z&W, RE4, Shaun White.

I am thinking about Muramasa, Cursed Mountain, Silent Hill, Little Kings Story.

So I buy what I want, not what I feel like I should be buying to support "hardcore" games.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I bought De Blob just because it was the only decent non-nintendo release at the time.

It turned out to be a decent game, but nothing special at all and not to my taste at all.

I regret it in hindsight, but at least decent games are getting made on the wii now because these games paved the way (sort of).

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
I did not buy NMH, deBlob,

But but but... everybody should want these games...

Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL, if i was about to follow the reviews, i would never buy Tales of Symphonia 2 or Mario Party 8 or other games that i enjoyed a lot

i personally don't agree with The Conduit reviews, i got it and it's great

it depends if you usually agree with the reviews or not

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Dazkarieh said:
Faxanadu said:
I did not buy NMH, deBlob,

But but but... everybody should want these games...

Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? NMH sounds like a half baked effort which cost like 60 Euros around here.

On deBlob, I trust my Australian friends opinion.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

actually, if you mean buying it so just the sales go up by 1, no, i don't think it helps!

buying a game you don't want is a waste of money, common sense!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Most of the games I own I´ve bougth because I wanted to play them but there are
three games that I´ve bought because they sold really bad. Two of them I don´t regret
buying for a second (Samba De Amigo and Deadly Creatures) but the third (Nights) was
pretty boring.