By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you buy "hardcore" Wii games because you actually want them?

I only bought one game out of pity and that was Bangai-O Spirits for the DS- not like it cost much anyways.

I rented de Blob, didn't enjoy it too much. The multiplayer was more fun with my sister than the Story Mode was. I only buy games I really want, or the really cheap ones I heard a few good things about.

I get pretty mad if I buy a crap game.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I bought games like de Blob, No More Heroes or The Conduit because these are great games.

I have an xbox360 too, but the larger part (by far) of my game collection are wii games. I never understood the "wii has no hardcore games" argument. because I think the wii has as many hardcore games (perhaps more) than the other consoles and on top of that a wider range of games than ps3 or xbox.

The fact is that the wii has to few shooter games but perhaps that will change if conduit is an success. But I bought conduit because it is a great game. I don't spend a cent on reviews because I recognized to often that games I liked the most (like Fire Emblem or de Blob for Wii) are getting mediocre reviews and boring games like halo3 or gta4 are getting raving reviews.

I have bought several, but they were ones that I figured I would like at least like at least a little. On average, most such purchases exceeded expectations. NMH was one, and also DeBlob and Zack and Wiki. Part of it was there wasn't a lot of other games that I wanted at the time.

Only do it if it's in a genre you know you like, or at least in a genre you want to give a try... If you support games you have no interest in, you will just be rewarded with more games you will not like...

I don't think you will regret purchasing The Conduit. It's a good game, although I think it's a little over priced for the length of the single player. However, given how good the multiplayer is, it may have good and long legs, and so it may stay at full price for a long time.

Don't forget to look at the library of existing games. There might be an older title that you are more interested in and could use your support... Get what you want, or at least is at a good price if you are not certain.

I haven't bought a game yet, cause I felt "Dee Hardkore Kneee iT!!!!" but, I did buy Madworld, cause I thought it would be the bees knee's, and alot of people was saying it would be great. At first it got my attention, but as I kept playing things I didn't like about it really started to jump out, like the enemies just lining UP perfectly for me, and such.

...Also too, I don't think many Wii Gamers subscribe to your logic, because games like Madworld would have sold better.

I would add HOTD:Overkill as well, but I think that game committed suicide with the "EDGE" it tried to have. Great game, but it can make this black man blush...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

I buy games i like and i want to play, more than once.

Around the Network

why the hell would ANYTHING besides us wanting to play the game affect our buying decisions?

I've considered buying games 'to help the cause' but in the end, if I'm not going to enjoy it, why do I want to support that cause?

I'm not big on 'core' games, I prefer novel games like Let's Tap over yet another HD FPS. However I did get Conduit because I havn't had a FPS in a while, and refuse to play one on 360 with Dual Analog and Conduit is the first FPS that appealed to me on Wii. It's nothing original but it is fun and well done. Reminds me of the FPS I grew up with (Doom, Unreal) and that's just great with me.

I buy games I want

I did not buy Deadly Creatures, De Blob and other WIi games that we 'need'

I did however buy No More Heroes, Mad World and will buy the Conduit because these are games I want to play.

I'm a Wii only gamer this gen (fine DS too) and I dont feel we're getting the short ghand software wise, people should stop being so needy and demand that HD games get a Wii version as well.

I buy games that I actually want, or at least interested in trying out, though I have shown preference for buying certain games in the hope that 3rd parties would see success and follow it up with more support, even if I wasn't that interested in the game; but after buying SoulCalibur Legends, and not seeing another proper SoulCalibur game on the Wii, never again.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Yes, I've done that. Of course, like almost everybody else, I buy games I think I will like, but I have bought some of them First Day to "support" them, like Madworld and The Conduit.

I regret doing that with Madworld, it's fun but $50 was too much. I'm still waiting for The Conduit to arrive.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069