By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should there be love stories in JRPGs?

g-value said:
TX109 said:
isnt there always?

No. There are many JRPGS that don't have love stories like Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy 12, Dark Cloud 1 and Persona 3. There are more but i can't think of any others at the moment.

oh...well... there can be, but they dont have to be there.

if a love story can be done well enough, and the overall story calls for it, then yes it can be in the game. im a bit of a sucker for a good love story in an rpg, so i really like when there is one.

Around the Network

Funny... I am an absolute sucker for love stories, yet my 3 favorite RPGs don't have love stories in them!

Tales of Vesperia, Golden sun, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Weird!

JRPG's are mostly prince and princess stories or at least something close to that, so they are a big part of JRPG's (Or story-telling games). I have no problem with them, especially in the RPG's I've played. I loved it in FFX and FFVII.

not really required but its certainly a plus.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JRPG's are mostly prince and princess stories or at least something close to that, so they are a big part of JRPG's (Or story-telling games). I have no problem with them, especially in the RPG's I've played. I loved it in FFX and FFVII.

You REALLY need to play more JRPGs.

Around the Network

Yes.

They should do more epic love stories like the one in Xenogears were it spanned over several thousands of years

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Love stories in JRPGs are great when executed right.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Naum said:
Yes.

They should do more epic love stories like the one in Xenogears were it spanned over several thousands of years

This. Xenogears has the best love story in any JRPG.

It depends on how well it fits into the story. Done bad it'll just feel forced, but done right it can be real good. Xenogears is a good example.

forest-spirit said:
It depends on how well it fits into the story. Done bad it'll just feel forced, but done right it can be real good. Xenogears is a good example.

Xenogears is the best example.