By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me or does Super mario Bros Wii remind you of little big planet?

Dno said:
blunty51 said:
I don't find anything original about the idea. To me the possibility of this was always there, 2 player co-op has been done already, so how can anybody get such a freaking medal for putting four?
I mean seriously, starting a thread for such a minute similarity will only start a war.

well i like to say whats on my mind... no one wants to start a war but i find it cool that NINTENDO likes or at least wants to top what sony did.... i mean its nintendo they started everything in gaming mab cept online so this is a big plus for sony and MM... i just thought it was funny and i wanted to see if others shared the same thinking that i did.

Lol no scene man.

The thing about is that many ppl in forums in general will find problem in this type of thread. You seem genuine in just putting this up for 'old talk' sake while being on both sides of the fence, so that's fine, but most might not see it like that.

However, like i said, it's inevitable flamebait...just speaking my mind too

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Randomly off topic a little: Would Sony get sued if they had costumes/stages that looked "similar like Mario?

LBP can make like mini versions of any game like how they did with LBP MGS version hehe

If it was a derivitave work, then yes Nintendo would probably sue them. It is part of the reason they took a lot of stages off of the network. Sony is obligated to do their best to keep copyrighted levels off of their servers and game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
blunty51 said:
I don't find anything original about the idea. To me the possibility of this was always there, 2 player co-op has been done already, so how can anybody get such a freaking medal for putting four?
I mean seriously, starting a thread for such a minute similarity will only start a war.

I don't find much original about it either, but I will say I'm very excited for it. Not every game has to original to be good. I loved NSMB, so NSMB Wii should be just as good and I can even play with friends. Sounds good to me

dam right..

actually Ds version is the same thing

but the fact that the two Toads are playable makes it all great for me, Toad is great! : )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
This is the most pathetic flamebait ever. Reminiscent of last year when LBP was supposed to be the new Mario or whatever and we got endless threads about it.

4 player gaming is nothing new.

Multiplayer Mario is nothing new.

Give it a rest.

Get a grip.

Seriously, the guy asked if it reminds you of LBP... and its flamebait?

The guy even said he loves Mario.

Learn to read between the lines and you'll go farther in life, grasshopper.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Dno said:
blunty51 said:

well i like to say whats on my mind... no one wants to start a war but i find it cool that NINTENDO likes or at least wants to top what sony did.... i mean its nintendo they started everything in gaming mab cept online so this is a big plus for sony and MM... i just thought it was funny and i wanted to see if others shared the same thinking that i did.

Lol no scene man.

The thing about is that many ppl in forums in general will find problem in this type of thread. You seem genuine in just putting this up for 'old talk' sake while being on both sides of the fence, so that's fine, but most might not see it like that.

However, like i said, it's inevitable flamebait...just speaking my mind too

lol yes very true i am seeing that now lol mab i shouldn't speak about games in a game site lol. o well ill just keep doing me and i wont reply to people that dont understand.

Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:
Kenology said:
This is the most pathetic flamebait ever. Reminiscent of last year when LBP was supposed to be the new Mario or whatever and we got endless threads about it.

4 player gaming is nothing new.

Multiplayer Mario is nothing new.

Give it a rest.

Get a grip.

Seriously, the guy asked if it reminds you of LBP... and its flamebait?

The guy even said he loves Mario.

Learn to read between the lines and you'll go farther in life, grasshopper.

I read it all...

Anyway... explain, how is it flamebait to say that the game reminds him of LBP? And that a couple of LBP ideas could be used?

Or is this just another one of them "Wii bashing" things?

You are all wrong.
LBP stole 4 player side scrolling platfor maction from Smash Bros.
Then NSMB Wii, took it from LBP.
So in essence, NSMBWii stole it form them selves.

Raistline said:
You are all wrong.

This is not about what game stole what! This is about two games being similar!

OMG, people on the internet really love to start flame wars. Even if the the thread itself didn't start out as flamebait, it sure opened up for many comments afterwards to be flamebait.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Raistline said:
You are all wrong.

This is not about what game stole what! This is about two games being similar!

OMG, people on the internet really love to start flame wars. Even if the the thread itself didn't start out as flamebait, it sure opened up for many comments afterwards to be flamebait.

Psssst.... I have a secret to tell you. My post was a joke. Nothing more. I apologize for not making it more evident.