By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me or does Super mario Bros Wii remind you of little big planet?

I don't find anything original about the idea. To me the possibility of this was always there, 2 player co-op has been done already, so how can anybody get such a freaking medal for putting four?
I mean seriously, starting a thread for such a minute similarity will only start a war.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
I don't find anything original about the idea. To me the possibility of this was always there, 2 player co-op has been done already, so how can anybody get such a freaking medal for putting four?
I mean seriously, starting a thread for such a minute similarity will only start a war.

I don't find much original about it either, but I will say I'm very excited for it. Not every game has to original to be good. I loved NSMB, so NSMB Wii should be just as good and I can even play with friends. Sounds good to me

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Dazkarieh said:
Dno said:
Vetteman94 said:
It is just a co-op platformer. Thats all, it doesnt have the charm that is LittleBigPlanet has, plus it doesnt have a level creator. Which is the main part of LBP

Very true.. create a level was very fun in that game.

Sorry, but creating a level in LBP is boring, mainly because of the complexity of it. To make a decent level you would need hours of work. Not to mention that, after that, your level would be played twice because no one finds it.

I liked LBP for what comes in the package. I want levels made be professionals, or better organization of the levels created

Yea i didnt word that right as i never have created one... i meant that PLAYING created levels was very fun! i played some levels from sonic and mario i was floored about how real and close it was to the past games!.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Dno

creating a level was the worst part of LBP imo

The fact the game never gets boring is its greatest achievement (due to unlimited levels online)

hahah yea thats what i meant lol

If the OP means the way character leap and move around looks similar, I would say that's more due to the mechanics of platformers making it look that way rather than a deliberate copy.

Take the way the original Mario Bros game looked with two independent players moving around.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
blunty51 said:

well i like to say whats on my mind... no one wants to start a war but i find it cool that NINTENDO likes or at least wants to top what sony did.... i mean its nintendo they started everything in gaming mab cept online so this is a big plus for sony and MM... i just thought it was funny and i wanted to see if others shared the same thinking that i did.

Plus in LBP you can have 4 player online.

This is the most pathetic flamebait ever. Reminiscent of last year when LBP was supposed to be the new Mario or whatever and we got endless threads about it.

4 player gaming is nothing new.

Multiplayer Mario is nothing new.

Give it a rest.

Randomly off topic a little: Would Sony get sued if they had costumes/stages that looked "similar like Mario?

LBP can make like mini versions of any game like how they did with LBP MGS version hehe

Kenology said:
This is the most pathetic flamebait ever. Reminiscent of last year when LBP was supposed to be the new Mario or whatever and we got endless threads about it.

4 player gaming is nothing new.

Multiplayer Mario is nothing new.

Give it a rest.

Get a grip.

Seriously, the guy asked if it reminds you of LBP... and its flamebait?

The guy even said he loves Mario.