By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me or does Super mario Bros Wii remind you of little big planet?

Only in a very basic, conceptual way

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Mario has like 20 years old
LBP less than 2 years

NSMB appeared 3 years ago
LBP less than 2

....can't find the logic in your argument, sorry. Is too dumb to take seriously.

About as much as ModNation Racers remind me of Mario Kart:)

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Dno said:
Well i was just asking if anyone noticed it... yes i own all 5 systems and i have NSMB and i love it. i didnt want to piss anyone off but it does look like a mario big planet lol

well i played loads of co op sidescrollers before LBP , so when i played that game i certainly wasnt like, oh this is original because of the co op in platformers.If you never played games like Joe and Mac before or Brawl co op mode that came months before LBP i "guess" i can almost understand you. LBP was good btw.The reason you alone"noticed" is because of your lack of gaming experience.If i only played Half life and then Halo i guess i would also believe halo was inspired by Half life since its a first person shooter(and i was ignorant that there were dozens of FPS before HL).

That's strange. I always figured every platformer out there including LBP copied mario & not vice versa.

Around the Network

No, New Super Mario Bros. Wii reminds me of Super Mario Bros...I guess that's why it's called NEW Super Mario Bros.

This thread is reminding me of the absurdities from late 2007 where a bunch of Sony fanboys tried to compare Galaxy to Ratchet & Clank. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

maybe a little bit

but i couldnt get into lbp, might be because of the fact i got into mario very young, so i can still be into it, but lbp at my age was unappealing

mario is way faster tho, and a better design that flows better (to me)

also sales wise there wont be much reminding done, as it will steamroll lbp

but yeh this thread is kinda like saying how the new metallica cd reminds you of disturbed or something. yeh maybe . . . but without metallica there is no disturbed

see what im saying?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

ClaudeLv250 said:
No, New Super Mario Bros. Wii reminds me of Super Mario Bros...I guess that's why it's called NEW Super Mario Bros.

This thread is reminding me of the absurdities from late 2007 where a bunch of Sony fanboys tried to compare Galaxy to Ratchet & Clank. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

They are both great game seriesl. I can compare those things.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

arsenal009 said:
That's strange. I always figured every platformer out there including LBP copied mario & not vice versa.

To be fair Mario was not the first platformer... Space Panic holds that title (a few others dispute it but its safe to say its not a mario title).

Donkey Kong (the arcade game that introduced Jumpman (mario)) is arguably to first platformer to introduce jumping, and later mario bros had side scrolling (didn't introduce this but was the first to make it popular).

So to sum up, not every platformer is inspired from Mario - just any platformer with jumping and/or side scrolling leves :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

The only thing that reminded me of LBP in the E3 showing of NSMBWii was the camera angles/view.

But then again, Super Smash Bros. did it in 1999.

LBP copied Smash Bros Confirmed?