By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 crawls above 100,000 WW. This is the end for Sony's PS3

darthdevidem01 said:
LOL

PS3 has been doomed since 2007

How many times can a console be doomed?

PS3 has broken the record for being doomed about 3 times now

Most of 2007

End of 2008

Now 2009

@ Mods

Why leave flamebait threads like these open?

The difference between a flamebait thread and a thread that's just stupid is ill intent which is hard to be sure of.  If I start locking threads just for being stupid then I'll have a lot more work on my hands.

Around the Network

@torillian

true.....I mean you'd have to lock every forza 3 vs GT5 thread & there's like a bazillion of them

but looka t the OP's post history, its nothing but trolling against PS3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Scruff7 said:
I see what you did there, you started a rubbish thread.

massive fail.

lol. Can't argue with that.

Check out my game about moles ^

darthdevidem01 said:
@torillian

true.....I mean you'd have to lock every forza 3 vs GT5 thread & there's like a bazillion of them

but looka t the OP's post history, its nothing but trolling against PS3

You're correct, he has a history of trolling the PS3, but this is not directly trolling, and not obvious flamebait.  If ill intent was proven by history I'd have to ban starcraft whenever he opens his mouth. I only call something flamebait if the wording is obviously used to provoke one or another group.

Again, my conclusion is that this thread is stupid, but not directly flamebait or trolling.  Other mods can make their own conclusions and perhaps another will lock it, but I figured I would let you in on my thought process on the matter.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the 360 300$

Around the Network

I see the youth development at the Sony defence force is doing well, given the reaction to OP's comments in this thread. "B-b-b-but the 360 is WAY cheaper and only outsells it a little".

Fact is, it is still outselling it, regardless of anything else (do you see a PS3 price cut anytime soon?).

Anyway, on topic. I don't agree with OP. The PS3 is getting outsold at the moment, yes, but the point of the PS3 now (imo) is to turn a profit even if it means coming in last place. The PS3 development of the CELL and Blu-ray's development (becoming a cheaper media storage) will mean the PS4 (hopefully) will be cheaper, making it a much more competitive console. Selling 100,000 worldwide a week is not impressive, but there's no signs that it'll dramatically plummet anytime soon (it'll probably increase with the games coming and the possible PS3 Slim).

I don't think many reasonable people would call the gamecube a massive failure, when it was a very financially successful console. I think the PS3 could do something like that, but I think (and it'll probably have to) obviously the PS3 will have much more impressive lifetime sales numbers.

Also, considering the growth in blu-ray penetration over the last year and a bit, I would hardly call it niche thing.

So in terms of being a failure in the competitive console market, looks likely at THIS CURRENT point in time. As for being a failure as a business product, we'll see, I'm going to say it won't be though, especially when you factor in what it's development will mean for future playstation consoles.

@torillian

ok cool

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

gergroy said:
Blacksaber said:
Deja vu?

I wouldn't call it deja vu, because deja vu usually only repeats once.  I'm pretty sure I have seen this thread at least a hundred times.  This is deja vu on steroids, plus atomic powered molecular altering drugs.

No, its just groundhog's day. It will continue until the ps3 learns the lessons of true love and caring for others. Though does it count as a 10 year cycle if it repeats the same day over for 10 years?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

This IS a joke thread, right?

Please?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

madcrazy said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the 360 300$

You are wrong.