By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 crawls above 100,000 WW. This is the end for Sony's PS3

^ Get a grip. The logic is that the 360 is far cheaper, which it is. End of story

Around the Network

Sony is aiming for 13 million this year. Assuming 65% of sales happen outside the holidays, they're aiming for 195k a week outside the holidays on average.

100k is very poor by this standard, and they can't keep it up for long. They'll either have to cut the price soon, temper their expectations or both.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yep. Like lots of others are saying, the 360 is cheaper and doing only slightly better. It's the end for the 360 too. Hell, it's the end of the world.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Doom doom, daroodo doo doo doo doom doo doo doom doom...

I don't know why everyone is bringing the 360 into the picture (but yeah, the 360 isn't selling great either).

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Sony is aiming for 13 million this year. Assuming 65% of sales happen outside the holidays, they're aiming for 195k a week outside the holidays on average.

100k is very poor by this standard, and they can't keep it up for long. They'll either have to cut the price soon, temper their expectations or both.

Almost forgot about that. I really doubt highly that they'll reach that goal.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

axumblade said:
NJ5 said:
I don't know why everyone is bringing the 360 into the picture (but yeah, the 360 isn't selling great either).

Nothing is honestly. The Wii had a big drop off too if I remember correctly.

Yeah but at least for the Wii, we know what Nintendo will do... WM+, WSR, several WM+ games, MH3 bundle in Japan, new colors (and more). If all of those don't have a sustained effect then I'll start to worry about Nintendo, for now the worry is not so big.

NJ5 said:

if the Xbox 360 sold 120k a week and PS3 140k a week we would have Xbox 360 is doomed threads. I don't need to search this forum but I am pretty sure their were Xbox 360 is doomed threads when PS3 sold more than Xbox 360.

I agree that this post was trollish, but what is with the 360 is cheaper comments, wasn't it just 6 months ago at the same price points that Sony and Sony fanboys kept posting how the 360 was significantly more expensive then the PS3.

Where as if you buy the $400 PS3 everything you need is in the box (aside from the HDMI) cable.
Where with the cheapest xbox at $200 you would need to spend $100 for the Hard Drive, $100 for the wi-fi, $50 for a play and charge kit, and $50 for xbox live. Totaling over $500 and you still don't have a Blu-Ray movie player.

Just wondering whatever happened to that argument.

axumblade said:
NJ5 said:

Nothing is honestly. The Wii had a big drop off too if I remember correctly.

Considering Wii usually sells more in America than PS3 sells WW in a week, I'd say you are correct. As Wii didn't have a great week in America either. Though I bet the competitors wish they were able to sell low Wii numbers for a couple of weeks.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.