By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 crawls above 100,000 WW. This is the end for Sony's PS3

Taz! said:
Yea, after all his efforts, this thread is more trolling on the 360 than the PS3 :)

I think thats what he wanted.  Everyone knows the worst trolls are are actuall trolling what they love...

Around the Network

ps3/xbox360 are both at around 100,000 that means they are both doomed , OMG nintendo will rule forever

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

JEDE3 said:
De85 said:
JEDE3 said:
De85 said:
WheelStriker said:
Why do I always get the feeling that threads like this are made by xbots?

Anyways, a price cut is needed.

Given that the sales gap is not all that big it's more likely it was made by a PS3 fanboy posing as a 360 fanboy to start the self-reinforcing circle jerk of PS3 fanboys talking about how great the PS3 is and how well it's doing despite its price...

I love stupid consparicies.

It wouldn't be the first time something like that had happened, so I must ask if you had any purpose in replying other than to troll my post?  Either say something thought out or don't bother replying.  All you do by posting a blindly dismissive one line reply is make yourself look juvenile.

Your right it wouldnt be.. SDF shows how pathetic 360 fans really are.

I agree, SDF are pathetic.  No matter which side it comes from it creates a negative stereotype that even legitimate fans of a system are subjected to.

I wouldn't cut out the PS3 till it has a $100+ price cut. We have not seen any effects of a true price cut of $300 for the PS2, and imagine how much it would sell at $200 (aka XBox 360 arcade price) ? Sony can't afford the cut to $200 but I think $300 is sooner then we all think.

However, Sony does need to do something by December considering the prices of Blu-Ray players are now $128 at Wal-Mart (they are not online enabled as far as I know but play all current Blu-Ray movies without any issues) so people WILL consider that now over a PS3 if they have no interest in gaming.

It's just that simple.

wicked burn haha

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Yes, the PS3 is DOOMED. Does that mean the the 360 is also, since it is only slightly above the PS3 and is cheaper?

Don't write such nonsense! Don't you know that giving them away for free, even paying people to get them, if strictly necessary, XB360 could easily exceed 150k/week WW?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It is no secret the PS3 is performing poorly in the marketplace, but it isn't that much worse than the 360.

Looking at the glass half-full, selling 100,000 Bluray players a week is good for the future of that form of media.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I remember around a month ago the PS3 was selling around 115-120k WW and people were making threads about PS3 being "DOOMED".

Why is it now when the 360 is also selling 115k-120k WW it is not considered as "360 is DOOMED" but rather that the 360 is doing healthy?

Is 115-120k/week healthy or is it indicative of a consoles demise?

Make up your damn minds because it is only making you look incredibly foolish in the long run.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I hate these kind of threads. They dont mean anything.

loy310 said:
Bladeforce said:

A steady rate of 100,000 not good sales for a machine being sold as both a games machine and a BR player. Considering it is marketed in 2 markets (gaming & electronics) these sales are pretty abysmal and put a stamp on the theory BR and the PS3 are niche

Hey Blade, how does it feel being that you are now the dumbest troll alive? 

OT: The $200 360 sold 15000 more units than the $400 PS3 so tell me how exactly this means the end for Sony and the ps3.

LOL this idiot calls someone else stupid but then thinks everyone buys the $200 360. Buddy I have 60GB pro 360. So stfu about the price. Really Sony fanboys have to stop using it.