By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - R.I.P my beloved VGchartz.

Opera is the way to go! =)

Around the Network

Is he gone yet?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

V-r0cK said:

what is opera? is that a web browser?

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

megaman.2. said:
V-r0cK said:

what is opera? is that a web browser?

Yes.

I feel your pain mega man, it has taken all my browsers to unstability land. the update does not seem to like PPC macs, my intel laptop is fine, err well alot more stable, my windows box seems fine too.. its a shame that it crippled some compatibility ..... i thought killing flash might help since i have alot of pages i enjoy book marked and can use sub menus ... surprisingly that did not increase stability. Im looking through log files to try and find out whats up, but have so much going on until the 26 of next month that it makes it hard to focus on that personal project. oh well i can still enjoy VGC from other puters'

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

I use the latest version of Firefox and really had no major problems with the new design although I preferred the old layout. White with black lettering is just a lot easier on the eyes.

Chris Hu said:
I use the latest version of Firefox and really had no major problems with the new design although I preferred the old layout. White with black lettering is just a lot easier on the eyes.

I agree pretty hard to read.

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

^ i'm using both FF and IE8 and both are fine. It's probably some plugins that are interfering with anyone who is haveing trouble...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Kantor said:
VGC 2.0 just did what numerous bans (and permabans) couldn't do:

It got rid of megaman2.

:O

What an absolutely awesome post that is...

ioi said:
The forum pages are absolutely no different to before other than the colours. If the old site didn't freeze your browser I see no reason why this one would...

thats why im trying to look through log files it did not seem like that large of a change, and mainly causes my PPC mac to crash,  fire fox, safari, explorer 5.5 (last one for mac), opera, and netscape.   and as i said i thought it was a bad flash install or something of that nature.   and your right the forums are not as bad as other pages.... the  main page/news page.

the other boxs Ive crahsed while being on VGC, but not frequently and I can not say it was VGC causing the crash.   if my other two PPC macs were not out on loan i could get conformation and a better idea if its my install. I have hot swapped installs to no avail  (i have a spare known good install with a slightly older image always good to have one laying around on another drive)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog