By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - R.I.P my beloved VGchartz.

Yea if your having issues with this site its just your web broswer and you are experiencing it with other sites as well

Around the Network
Xen said:
Chrome is garbage, install Opera!

Silly Opera fanboy, Chrome is the way to go.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Xen said:
Chrome is garbage, install Opera!

Silly Opera fanboy, Chrome is the way to go.

Both those web browsers are garbage. Firefox is the way to go.  Opera was good like 5 years ago. ha

nordlead said:

provide browser and version number information. Also, what operating system are you using?

I can probably help you enough to get visiting the website from home working. ioi has been working on performance issues, so hopefully everything gets resolved for our users. I haven't had the website crash my browser since prior to the beta, but obviously people run different setups.

EDIT: obviously walking away from your PC and not refreshing the thread gets you behind the times

sorry about that work called osx 10.5.7 build 9j61 

2 safari builds beta 4 build 5528.17   safari 3.2.3, its on my known good disk im not sure of the build number ill have to update when i swtich boot oses

firefox.   3.0.10   ppc 1.9.0.10/gecko /2009042315.

are the primary 

netscape 7.2  gecko 20040804 (normally only used for a particular client )

and IE 5.5 what ever the last build for mac was i hardly ever use it anymore except for a very few sites 

sorry about the delay 12 hour shifts are killer ... but i have to do it for a month 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

ioi said:
@goddog - like I said the forum pages are totally identical now to how they were before upgrading to 2.0 aside from some different coloured backgrounds. There is no flash and the same amount of js as on the old site so the forum pages should be no slower than before now that I've replaced the top menu...

when did the top menu get replaced, im basing my problems off the weekend until monday.... i havent been on as much since then 12 hour shifts and all (projects running way behind )

Around the Network

I use Firefox and haven't had a problem with this site, aside from the fact that the page does not entirely fit on my screen so I have to do horizontal scrolling.

Bad enough we have people emotionally attached to their favourite consoles, or emotionally invested in the failure of their least favourite one, do we have to start a browser war too?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ioi said:
It got replaced about an hour before your post yesterday

ah well i will leave my complaints alone until i get to test it out this weekend when i have free time then 

The new version actually loads faster for me lol

ioi said:
The forum pages are absolutely no different to before other than the colours. If the old site didn't freeze your browser I see no reason why this one would...

doubt it, on school pcs it has become unreadable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I have no problems with Firefox. Maybe an unexpected virus that hit your computer perhaps?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo