By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to make the greatest sales comeback in history of console sales wars

PS3 has a longer list of soon to be released exclusive games than the XBox 360. PS3 has more room to cut price of the console to push sales. 2009 to 2010 could well see a dramatic momentum swing for the PS3 in terms of console sales which should see it outsell the XBox 360. PS3 has a lot of stellar games to be released over the next 18 months which will help boost PS3 hardware sales worldwide for a long time into the future.

Around the Network

Sony is publishing some pretty cool games this gen, and it does make a nice list on an internet forum -- the problem is none of these games are hits and none of them move any hardware. Killzone 2 has dropped down the sales charts like a rock, being outsold in the most recent April NPD by the almost two year old Halo 3.

The first Uncharted basically went uncharted on the sales charts. LittleBigPlanet was little alright -- in its impact sales wise. Ratchet & Clank on the PS3 never cracked the top 10 of the NPD charts either (not even close). Resistance 2 was no where close to Gears of War 2 sales wise.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say inFamous is also going to perform similarly to the above mentioned games -- lukewarm software sales ... zero impact on hardware.

FFXIII is on the 360 in the West and not even coming out at all in the West until 2010 anyway, on top of the fact that recently Square-Enix's president has been dropping not-so-subtle hints that the game may not come out even in Japan this year. 

You and your Brother are getting anoying.

Carl2291 said:
You and your Brother are getting anoying.

It may hurt to hear it, but honestly that's the truth. 

One word: 'TIME MACHINE'.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

PS3 has a longer list of soon to be released exclusive games than the XBox 360. PS3 has more room to cut price of the console to push sales. 2009 to 2010 could well see a dramatic momentum swing for the PS3 in terms of console sales which should see it outsell the XBox 360. PS3 has a lot of stellar games to be released over the next 18 months which will help boost PS3 hardware sales worldwide for a long time into the future.

Microsoft could afford it to give the X-box away with a box cereals.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Munkeh111 said:
Well lets hope so, it still seems unlikely. It could still outsell the Xbox, but it probably won't be the greatest comeback in history

Yeah... it still has a slim shot to outsell the 360 ww but it wont be a massive comeback IMO :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Soundwave said:

Sony is publishing some pretty cool games this gen, and it does make a nice list on an internet forum -- the problem is none of these games are hits and none of them move any hardware. Killzone 2 has dropped down the sales charts like a rock, being outsold in the most recent April NPD by the almost two year old Halo 3.

The first Uncharted basically went uncharted on the sales charts. LittleBigPlanet was little alright -- in its impact sales wise. Ratchet & Clank on the PS3 never cracked the top 10 of the NPD charts either (not even close). Resistance 2 was no where close to Gears of War 2 sales wise.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say inFamous is also going to perform similarly to the above mentioned games -- lukewarm software sales ... zero impact on hardware.

FFXIII is on the 360 in the West and not even coming out at all in the West until 2010 anyway, on top of the fact that recently Square-Enix's president has been dropping not-so-subtle hints that the game may not come out even in Japan this year. 

Your puns made me love this post. You should have said inFamous would become infamous for not being as big as anticipated or something like that too, just to go for the hattrick.

Yeah I was going for kind of a James Bond/Austin Powers play on pun. You might say inFamous ... might not be so ... Famous? lol. Resistance didn't put up ... much of a fight. You might say LittleBigPlanet was big on hype, little on sales. The lamer the better.

Before I get killed by a fanboy ... I'm just joking (about the bad puns anyway) ;)

Soundwave said:
Yeah I was going for kind of a James Bond/Austin Powers play on pun. You might say inFamous ... might not be so ... Famous? lol. Resistance didn't put up ... much of a fight. The lamer the better. ;)

Hell yes. On a sidenote, Austin Powers is probably my favorite film trilogy ever.